The Pain

September 9th

1.05pm

It's been a week since the death of Kid knocked my life down. Never have I felt such sorrow in losing someone. I sighed staring out the window into the cold winter sky. The snow fell slowly, seem like it is dancing in the frosty wind. My finger tips rubbing against the cup of hot chocolate.

A buzz from my phone was heard, I looked at it. A message from Soul appeared. "I'm coming over." Is what was laid on the screen. I shrugged, looking back at the window.

A few minutes past and the front door was thrown open. Soul stood there, his breath was heavy and he was covered in the snow that was falling outside. He walked in, kicking the door close in process. I placed down my cup as Soul was making his way over to me, he stood infront of me. Quickly, I was brought into a tight embrace. My eyes widen, I hugged him back.

"(Y/n)..." He whispered, hugging me tighter. Burying my head into his chest, I began to cry a river of broken hearts.

"He is still here."

After three hours of crying, I fell asleep. Soul placed me on my bed and made his own way out. The afternoon faded into night. The afternoon faded into night and the cold night seemed to leave the window with traces of frost. I grumbled, turning over. My eyes slowly swiped open and darkness was all I could see. Nothing was all I could hear. Everything was silent and calm. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up. Reaching over to the lamp standing on my bedside table. I turned it on and at the end of my bed there stood a man like figure, its back facing me. As it seem to feel me staring, it turned around making me gasp.

"Kid..." I whispered out. He smiled, reaching out my hand, he followed. Our hands collided for a spit second but my hand soon went through Kid's. My eyes widen.

Kid looked down, "Hi..." He whispered. Tears escape my eyes, clutching the bed sheets. I stared down at my hands. Kid walked over to and sadly smiled, "You're so beautiful. I am so sorry I left you with so much pain." I nodded and stared at his eyes.

"The pain I feel is overwhelming me..." He looked down. I stood up, smiling sadly.

"Why are you still here?" I asked. He smiled at me.

"I'm watching over you, I haven't fully died."

My eyes widen, 'Fully died?"

He crossed his arms, "Well. I am a shinigami. They can die but not fully."

"So there is a way to bring you back?!" I yelled. He raised his eyebrows.

"Well, I don't know. Maybe, you may have to ask my Father..." He slowly began to fade away.

"Where are you going?!" I began to claw at him, but there was no use as my hands would just go through him. He didn't answer, instead his faded away. I dropped to my knees and placed my hands on my face.

I sighed, standing up and stretching. My eyes gazed to my phone, I pushed down on the home button and the light beamed into my eyes. Lighting up my room. I hissed, locking it again.
'Ow,ow,ow..." I squinted my eyes, I turned my phone back on.

Reading the time it was 3.46am. I sighed, "I'll go to Lord Death tomorrow."