Riding Lesson 2/19/24

Well, this is getting published a little late, but I was being lazy so... yeah.

Today I got to ride Rez again (yay!).

When I went out into the pasture to catch him, I couldn't see him anywhere. Yes, I'm basically blind because my eyesight is so bad (not really, everything just gets blurry after a few feet-) but y'know... he's the only Appy out there. Turns out, he was just hiding behind one of my instructors's horses at the round bale. He looked as if he'd rolled in the hay, he was so covered in small pieces of it. So I grabbed him, he decided to be a bit annoying near the gate since there's a bucket near there (as a foal, Rez was fed milk from a bucket. Not a bottle, since that can make a spoiled horse or something, but now he has an obsession with buckets... last Monday I nearly fell over because he pulled me towards one), so that was... interesting.

I got him in, brushed and tacked him pretty quickly, and got into the arena to start warming up. I did a more interesting warm up than normal today, with a lot of rollbacks to get Rez thinking and getting his hind legs under him and stop popping his shoulder. Did a bit of cantering on a circle, and that pretty much finished it. I walked him over a bridge a few times while cooling him out, and yeah. It was a pretty good lesson overall. Not too much to talk about, but yeah... bye ya'll.