Riding Lesson 2/28/24

Hello again my fellow Wattpadians!

Today, I rode Rez again (are you really surprised). It was FREEZING out (as in 33 degrees) and Rez was wearing his very bright purple blanket... of course, he had to be at the second round bale, which was, I might at, slightly further away than the other one, but oh well. After nearly freezing to death outside getting him, I brought him inside. Getting the crossties on took forever, because after I clipped on the first, he WOULD NOT STOP leaning his head on it so that he didn't have to hold his own head up, so that was an experience.

After tacking up, I brought Rez into the arena and started warming up. I did a little walking along the rail with some circles, before coming into the middle to practice some turns on the forehand and a few rollbacks. Then I tried trotting him in circles in the middle, plus a few figure eights (somebody was being a little lazy, though...).

I got Rez to do his little Western pleasure lope in a small circle, then I took him out to the rail to practice trot to canter transitions, and a few walk to canters. I got a messy transition the other way that ended with him breaking gait, when my instructor called all three of us to the other end of the arena. So. I think that she thought that I had already gotten both leads, but nope, not really. Rez was fine, though.

We got to finish off with a little game, which I absolutely LOVE doing (I'm the speedy person out of the three of us, I LIVE for going fast... and winning lol). Basically, there were two poles set up in a straight line, with the farther one having a cone on top. You had to go up one side of the poles, turn, grab the cone, come back, and put the cone on the other pole.

So, my friend went first, and got like 14 something seconds (she's got a handy little pony who loves getting into this stuff), then the other girl went (she ended up with the laziest horse, sadly...), and she got like 15 something.

Then, yours truly was off. Rez has a bit of a... reputation for going a little crazy when it comes to speed stuff involving poles and barrels. He thinks that he's a top barrel horse, and gets so excited whenever he sees barrels, and he hates weaving between poles. So. Yeah. Does that stop me from making him go fast?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. WHO DO YOU THINK I AM, A NON-CRAZY PERSON?

Anyway, I got a bit carried away there... yeah so I rode it one-handed (i'm just so cool, like, so hard to ride one-handed XD not like you had to because you were carrying a cone). The first round was kinda a test to see how Rez would act, and he was mostly fine, and I got like 12 seconds or something.

Then we all went around again. My friend got an 11, I'm not sure what the other girl got, and I actually almost missed putting the cone on the pole, but, y'know, the advantages of having long arms. I got 10-something seconds.

Theeeeeen we went again (this was the last round), and my friend got 10 seconds, again I don't know about the other girl, and I got 9 seconds! i'm, like, so cool. (please note the sarcasm)

So yeah! We all walked around the arena a bit, and me and my friend definitely didn't just drop our reins and try (and in my case, fail) to steer our ponies with our legs and eyes... yeah, Rez had his own ideas. Then me and my friend were sitting together on our ponies and I was making fun of all the different riding disciplines in the way I do (no actual offense intended, of course).

And yeah! I untacked the Rez pony, brought him a treat, put his blanket back on and struggled with the keepers for it, and took him back out!

And my fingers felt like they were going to fall off... but that's another story.

My Equestrian JournalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara