Riding Lesson 3/27/24

yeah so i forgot to write this shush

I didn't have a lesson on Monday because it was raining and there was a clinic going on using the indoor arena.

So, today I rode a horse named Dancer. She's a black and white pinto mare, and she's gaited. I believe that she's a Missouri Fox Trotter, but I'm not positive.

I went out to get her, brought her in, spent forever getting fur off of my currycomb, et cetera et cetera.

I tacked up Dancer and went out into the arena, where the dressage arena was still set up from I presume the clinic earlier in the week. Dancer's a bit of a grumpy old lady who hasn't had any fancy training or anything, and instead of doing a proper gait, she'll do like a pace I believe it's called? Yeah I don't really know my gaited horse terms or whatever.

I've never ridden Dancer before, aside from a quick five minute ride ages ago- so that was fun. Her walk was pretty nice, with a lot of movement in her head/neck and such. Her pace-trot-thing was really funny, because she was just waddling around like a duck-

Honestly, she reminded me of another Missouri Fox Trotter I used to ride at a different barn, a gelding named Pride. Anyways, my instructor didn't let me canter her because she didn't want Dancer knocking over and breaking the entire dressage arena, which was understandable but a bit disappointing, as I hadn't had my Monday lesson.

Dancer is also rather out of shape, so there's that too- but anyways, we worked on some twenty-meter circles at a trot, and that was pretty much it!

My Equestrian Journalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें