Riding Lesson 4/15/24

Today I rode the Rezpony. Awesome stuff. I love that little guy.

My allergies decided that they wanted to kill me, so that was just glorious. I got to the barn like 20 minutes early (an impressive feat for me), so I had lots of time to groom and tack up.

I groomed him, tacked him up, and went out into the arena where Rez gave me a little trouble when I tried to mount him, but that's fine. (Not really. He just does it every time.)

I walked him around a bit both ways, and my instructor said that I had him flexing and bending and whatnot really well, so that's a bonus. I trotted him a bit, some some circles, plenty of walk-trot-walk transitions both ways. Then I cantered him a little, but not for too long since it was hot out and he's a rather chunky guy-

After letting Rez walk for a bit, my instructor let me play with his western pleasure gaits, since he's really a western pleasure horse and he can go really slow and stuff- not really up my alley, but it's fun to play with sometimes. So I had him going at a really slow trot with a loose rein, then I tried cantering him on a small circle to get his little western pleasure lope. He did it pretty nicely, so... yeah. I walked him around some more to cool him off, dismounted, brought him back to the crossties, untacked him, and then hosed him off since he was pretty hot before turning him back out.

So... see ya'll Wednesday or whenever I get the next part done-