The Rotten Core - Chapter 1

(Third person POV)

How many years was it? That was the question the Reich asked himself everyday, ever since his victory in the war, he felt. Empty. Yes, he became quite possibly the strongest man in the entire world...but what was there to do now? It has been, what...? Two decades since his victory? He tried to get off his chair, but his arms too weak to do anything. He just sat there, just a few weeks ago, someone made a attempt on his life. That's to be expected. He looked around, observing her surrounding's. Reich didn't know what to do. He was too old, fragile and weak to do anything anymore really. That's when he heard a knock on his door. "Come in." Reich ordered. The man who walked in was his son, Germany. "Hello, Vater, I just wanted to checkup on you, are you...okay?" Germany asked. His voice having concern. Reich looked at him for a second, he pondered off for a second. Before turning to his son. "I don't know...i don't think i have much time left..." Reich answered with whatever strength he had in his throat. "...Oh." Was all germany could say. "Germany, would you mind leaving Vater alone for a second?" Reich asked, Germany nodded and left. Reich grabbed his chair, and forced himself up. He felt unimaginable pain, yes, but he still managed to properly stand up. He walked outside his bedroom. Each step feeling like a eternity. He made his way over to the stairs. He climbed up, eventually reaching the Rooftop. He panted, yearning for rest. One of his servants came upto the Rooftop to check up on him. Reich looked back at his servant. All Reich said was. "Get speer..." His servant, hesitantly, nodded and away he went.

Speer was one of hid co-workers, infact Speer helped him to build this mansion. Speer helped him to build berlin itself! But the most impressive thing about speer was how much he resembled his son Germany. At Least in appearance. He had practically the face and body as him, only except that he was taller and had a eye patch. He never questioned his uncanny resemblance to his son though. He just wondered about the good old days. How he, Speer and some other friends would chatter and bicker among themselves during dinner or lunch. He remembered those simpler times. But as he was in the midst of his daydreaming. Reich heard a shout. "Heil hitler!" It was speer. Reich breathe a sigh of relief. Gesturing him to come forward. Speer, nodded, he walked upto Reich. Now standing right besides him. Reich looked up...Has Reich himself gotten smaller or has Speer grown taller? He shook those thought's away. Just looking down the balcony. Speer just stood there waiting

Speer broke the silence first. "Mein Führer?" Speer gently asked. Reich spoke out. "Ah! Speer! Glad you could come...i almost mistook you for my son again." Reich chuckled, Speer just fixed his tie. "Mhm." Speer looked slightly confused. Reich understood that very well. "Speer...i needed to talk to you about something..." Reich spoke, looking down at the ground. He saw the lush green yard, and pondered again, drifting off. "What may that be?" Speer said, breaking him out of his daydreaming, once again. "Oh...right..." Reich sighed once again. Reich looked up at Speer. "Speer, listen...i don't have much time left...You remember the assassination attempt on me?" Reich asked. A frown on Speer's face appeared. "Yes, Mein Führer." Speer replied. "Ever since that, my health's being getting worse and worse. And, i'm human after all, i live and i die..." Hitler replied. "Führer, if you want medical attention we can immedi-" Speer said, but was immediately cut off by Reich. "No need for that, Speer, what i wanted to talk about was...who comes after me?"

"Well...you have your son, that seems like the most logical option?" Speer said. "You darn idiot!" Reich snarled back at him, Speer was caught off guard. He didn't expect him to give that reaction. "Have you even seen my son? He doesn’t even know which planet he's living on! Those embecile enemies of ours will sense weakness in him! They will tear him to shreds! Shreds!" Reich knew his son was too peaceful, and perhaps too weak to inherit his empire. Speer understood that well. "...Then who do you suggest?" Speer asked. If not his own son, then who?

Reich looked back at the ground. "I was thinking one of my old friends...you remember how you and me and those 3 used to hang out?" Reich asked. Another frown appeared on Speer's face.
"Mein Führer, with all due respect, you cannot seriously be suggesting letting them be the next Führer. Bormann will ruin the Empire! Heydrich will turn it into his own meat grinder! And Goring is already waiting for you to die!" Speer exclaimed.
Reich nodded. "Yes, that's why i'm not picking them." Reich said, Speer looked confused. "Then who--" Then it hit Speer in the face, the sudden realization. Reich looked up at him, and smiled. "You, Speer, i want you to be the next Führer after me." Speers lips curled open, his face almost red. "M-me?!" Was all Speer could say, in reality, he always wanted to be the one next in charge. To be the one after Reich.  But he never thought it would happened. Reich smiled. "Tomorrow, if i live that is, i will give a speech, announcing you as the next Führer. I will have the will of the next Führer in my drawer aswell, next to my bed." Reich spoke, smiling. Speer, was smiling too, but for a different reason. Reich was smiling knowing he secured a future for his empire. And Speer knew he secured a future for himself. "Now scramble outta here! I'd like to have some alone time." Reich ordered. Speer nodded. "Heil Hitler!" Speer exclaimed before leaving. As he was walking down the stairs though...

He met Germany, Reich's son. "Oh, Hallo Deutschland" Speer said. "Guten tag, Herr Speer." Germany replied. "I saw you talking with my father upstairs, what did he say?" Germany asked. Speer was a bit confused as to why Germany would want to know. "...Well, you see, Deutschland, your father wants to secure a future for his empire, and thus, we were discussing who the next ruler of the Reich should be." Speer told him. "Ah...i see." Germany replied to Speer's explanation. There was a awkward silence, as both of them just stood there, looking at each other. Both of them looked almost identical to each other. The only difference being their Accessories and height. So, both of them just staring at each other, made it all the more awkward. "Uhhh...Good talk." Germany said, abruptly leaving. Speer stood there for another minute and a half. Before also leaving.

As Speer left the building, he felt the cold wind rush against his face. He felt like a new person, he wanted to tell everyone that he would the next Führer. That he's the next in line! But he'd have to wait. For tomorrow. Tomorrow, would be a new world for him. Speer walked down the roads of Berlin, He looked around. He built this city, he made Berlin what it is today. And soon, he himself will be the ruler of his own creation. He remembered how he put blood and sweat on all the commissions Reich asked him for. And all the tremendous praise Reich gave him. He shook off his daydreaming, and continued walking. He looked at the city shops, they were because of him. He looked at the park, they were because of him. He saw the kids playing on the streets. It was because of him. He made all of these, and he was proud.

But there was one thing he was not proud of, The political structure of the empire. Ever since Reich's rise to power. He was always ignorant to the policies of the west. All that was shoved was brainwashing into the minds of the people. Very few people in germany owned cars, or even a TV now. By trying to become the Empire it is today, it neglected its culture. And turned to Militaristic conservatism. Speer knew, that this had to change, but Bormann and Reich were always too stubborn. Speer wanted Germans to have a identity while still being the uncontested rulers of europe. But with traitors like Himmler, breaking away and threatening them. It becomes harder day by day. Speer knows that once he gets power, he has to crush this rotten system down. And reform the empire he so dearly adores. But will Bormann and the others let him? Speer pondered as he walked, soon it was the afternoon, He looked down at the river. Still pondering. Maybe, maybe he can change the reich. But it will take time.

-
A whopping 1500 words huh, thats sure a lot. But yeah, this was my first fic on this site! :D, i hope you enjoyed this shitty story as much as i loved writing it. Although remember, Just because i potray someone the way i do, Doesn't mean i support it. This in no ways is praising or encouraging nazi ideology. With that being said, have a great day. I'll write more chapters soon.