Epilogue

Chronicles of Northumbria:

In the year 910, Crown Prince Emil of Northumbria declared to the kingdom that he was stepping down from his duties. He had been advised by the Lord Uhtred of Bebbanburg and the Lord Henrick to pursue a role in the Queen's guard. The Queen was not displeased, nor was she pleased, but she allowed it after little debate. That led to the natural shift in the succession whereby Princess Rúna became the Crown Princess and was sworn in. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 911, the Crown Princess Rúna led an attack against Scotland after the Scottish killed a border guard. The attack was a great success, and the Crown Princess swore that the God Loki guided her every step. She used her power to become unseen and slay a High Lord of  Scotland. The Scottish surrendered and offered a treaty to the Great Queen. Northumbria has peace once more. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 912, King Edward of Wessex marched troops into Mercia, coined by then as Daneland by the Noble and Feared Queen of Northumbria. Our Great Queen Gyda and High Commander Saga met him in battle with a thousand five hundred warriors. The battle was fierce, but the Gods shined down on our Queen, and Northumbria took victory. Edward fled the battlefield, returning to Wessex with half his men. Northumbria did not follow him or break further peace. Notable casualties of the battle included Aegir of High Council. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 914, plague took the country. Many fell sick, including the Queen herself, who battled against the disease for three weeks before her health returned. It was said Eir walked the halls of Dunholm herself to save our Great Queen. The sickness took hundreds before the summer, and amongst them, the King of Wessex's mother, the Lady Aelswith, succumbed to it while in her bed in Bebbanburg. Her grandchildren were beside her, and in her honour, the Noble Queen Gyda erected a statue in the hall of the fallen. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 915, Prince Emil of the Queen's guard took the position of High Commander in her army. He married Lady Helga of Denmark, a noble Jarl's daughter, and the Gods have already blessed them with a child. The Prince travels the lands with the Crown Prince of Wessex, Aethelstan, and the warriors of Bebbanburg, securing Northumbria's hold all over the country. The High Council advises the Queen to march into Wessex. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 916, the Lady Helga delivered healthy twin boys, Lords Baldr and Höðr. The Queen blessed the Lady with two wolves, delivered by the royal wolf, Orla. The Prince Consort Sihtric took his first travels to Denmark with the Queen after their birth, spreading their word of peace in Northumbria. Seventy ships returned with them a month later, with two thousands Danes arriving on Northumbrian soil. May the Gods bless us all.

In the year 917, the Crown Princess Rúna married an Irish King, Donnchad, who arrived to extend an alliance to the Queen Gyda. As a show of good faith, the Prince Consort took the young king riding through the Northumbrian forests. King Donnchad appeared to be quite frightened upon his return, but he bent the knee to the Queen and was married before the end of Yule.