Part 7- Dirty thoughts

Y/n POV

I felt the sun shining into the room through the curtains and into my eyes.
I slowly open my eyes, and I'm met with a view that doesn't look like my cabin. Oh crap, did I fall asleep at Percy's cabin without realising it?

I sit up and look to my left at the space next to me on the bed, and it is indeed being occupied by the one and only Percy Jackson. Crap. I didn't mean to sleep over, I guess I was just really tired from crying. But, now that I think about it, i haven't actually slept that well in a while.

I stared at Percy sleeping next to me, and I couldn't help but notice...how peaceful he looked. His chest rose and fell gently, and his golden curls covering the upper part of his face practically blocking his eyes. I smiled softly at the view of my best friend, feeling a sense of comfort and relaxation at how calm the moment was.

I look over at Percy's alarm clock on his nightstand. Oh shit- it's almost 8 am. I have to get back to the Apollo cabin before my siblings realise I'm gone and start looking for me. I quietly, but quickly, get off Percy's bed and scramble around, grabbing my things and shoving them back in my bag.

I pack everything I brought and make my way over to the door, looking back at Percy one more time. I couldn't tell just by looking because the sheets were covering his entire upper body, but I wondered if he slept without a shirt or not. Wait, wtf- no, stop it, Y/n. You're with Luke, you can't think those kinds of things about your best friend.

I finally tear my gaze away from my sleeping best friend and walk out and over to my cabin. Luckily, there's a window right next to where my bed is, so I can climb through that so as not to be noticed. I make my way around the back of the Apollo cabin and quietly open said window, hoping no one would hear me.

I peaked inside, and thankfully, it seemed like everyone had already gotten up and were out at breakfast. I climbed through the window and landed on my bed, almost falling as i did so.

I put the bag back underneath my bed, and I realised that I smelled like absolute shit, so I decided maybe I'd just skip breakfast and take a shower instead.

I walked into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I turned on the water and undressed as I waited for the water to warm up. Once the water was at the right temperature, I stepped into the shower and let myself be engulfed in the warmth of the water, instantly feeling relaxed.

After several minutes, I thought since nobody else was around, I might as well sing in the shower. Cliché, I know. But it's calms me. My mind ran through all the songs I could sing, and one stood out to me, seeing as it kind of applied to the thoughts I was thinking right now.

I get dirty thoughts about you
They get worse when I'm without you
Does that mean that I'm going to hell?
Or are you thinking them as well, well

When I'm lonely
All the corners of my mind start racing
Things that should be kept in the basement
Spend my time trying to erase them

But when you hold me
In the fantasy, it's so convincing
I shouldn't think the things I'm thinking
But now I've gone and let them sink in

The more that I push 'em away
The more that you're stuck in my brain
The more I mentally undress
I confess

I get dirty thoughts about you
They get worse when I'm without you
Does that mean that I'm going to hell
Or are you thinking them as well, oh

I get dirty thoughts about you
They're so strong that I'm about to
Say them all to you out loud
The gods can't save me now, oh

I'm frustrated
Do you really look good naked
And I know that it ain't that holy
But Lord, I need this one night only

The more that I push 'em away
The more that you're stuck in my brain
The more I mentally undress
I confess

I get dirty thoughts about you
They get worse when I'm without you
Does that mean that I'm going to hell
Or are you thinking them as well, oh

I get dirty thoughts
I get dirty thoughts about you

The end of the song echoed throughout the bathroom. Oh my gods, I did not just sing that... did I? The thing is, you'd expect me to think those kinds of things about my boyfriend, but I wasn't. It's honestly creepy how well that song fits the situation I'm in right now. No matter how hard i tried to push the thoughts of him out of my head, they kept coming back. It's not like I wanted to think those things, right?

I mean, Percy's my best friend... I shouldn't be thinking about him that way. But for some reason, my mind keeps running back to that view of him asleep. No- I'm probably just upset because of what happened with Luke, and my brain is just confused. That's all.