Part 16- this feels right

1 week later...

Y/n POV

I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as I reach down underneath my bed and grab the bag with snacks and clothes in it. I smile to myself and quickly take Percy's birthday gift off of my nightstand before putting on my shoes and walking out of Cabin 7.

Today was Percy's birthday, and it was also Saturday. So when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday, he said he just wanted to spend it like any other Saturday. And I knew exactly what he meant by that.

I walked down the stone path towards The Poseidon cabin, smiling the entire way there. I make my way up the steps onto the deck and knock on the door. I couldn't help but feel kind of nervous, I really hope Percy likes what I made him for his birthday, though I have a feeling he will.

The door opens after a few seconds, and I'm met with a beaming Percy, looking happier than ever. I smile up at him as he leans against the doorway. He stares into my eyes as he reveals his hand from behind the door, holding a controller.

"Halo night?"

I smile widely as I walk towards him and bring my face close to his.

"Hmmm, I dunno, I'll have to ask my devilishly handsome boyfriend if he's okay with it."

He smirks and looks down at the floor and then back up at me with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Well, of course."

I pull away from him a bit and smirk.

"Hey, Percy?"

"Yesss...?"

"Are you cool if I play Halo with you on your birthday?"

He smiles and reaches his arms out to snake around my waist and pulls me closer again.

"Definitely."

He brings his face even closer to mine, but I decide that I want to tease him a little bit, so I dodge his attempt and walk past him and into his cabin.

"Well, come on then."

He puts on a fake offended face and gently grabs my arm to stop me from walking any further and spins me around to face him again.

"Nuh uh, little missy, it's my birthday, so I should get a special present."

I huff.

"Fine, but open this first."

I hold up the small wrapped box with his gift inside, and he takes it from my hands with a smile on his face. He takes my hand and brings me over to sit on his bed while he starts to unwrap his gift.

Once he gets all the wrapping paper off, he takes off the lid of the box and pulls out a small bead with a love heart on it that has a small (your initial) in the centre of it. And when I say bead, I mean the kind he can put on his camp necklace.

He smiles and turns to face me. I clear my throat and speak.

"You know, just in case people don't know you're mine, it's just a quick little reminder."

"Hmmm, nope, I think you got that the wrong way around. You're mine."

I smirk and move my face closer to his.

"Prove it, water boy."

He smiles as he once again wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me down onto the bed, and plants a small kiss on my lips.