Time Travel Troubles, a crossover one-shot.

Author's Note Please read this, otherwise you may be confused.  This one is a crossover with my favourite Stephen King book  11/22/63.  I know he is known for his horror novels, but that's not all he does and 11/22/63 is not Horror, It's a time travel novel where the main character goes back in time to save J.F.K. from being assassinated.  There is also a TV show loosely based on the book, but I couldn't even finish watching the first episode. 

Jake Epping walked away from the dead man, whose card was now black. He was determined to succeed in the mission he had been given by his now-dead friend Al Templeton. He didn't bother stopping by the Kennebec fruit for another root beer, instead, he was planning to buy the sunliner again. Before he could, someone was in front of him. He didn't want to believe that the young man had just appeared there out of thin air, but he couldn't think of any other explanation for his sudden appearance.

Looking at the young man, Jake saw that he looked to be in his early twenties, and was dressed in modern clothes rather than what was normally worn by men in the fifties, and he had gold eyes that had flecks of green In them. After Jake noticed all that, The young man spoke, and Jake noticed he also Spoke like a young man from Jake's own time.

He said, "You Need to Stop and go home, "Jake was about to protest and ask the guy who he was, but he didn't get a chance as the guy continued, "I am sorry about your friend's death, and I understand that you wish to honour him by carrying out his mission for him, but find some other way to honour Al, staying in this time and altering it further will only cause more harm than good,"

"Jake stared at him for a moment before speaking, "Who are you? and how in the hell do you know so much about me and Al, and what I am planning to do!"

Jake could tell from his expression that the guy was amused, but he replied," True I never did introduce myself. My name is Perseus, however, if I were to explain how I know so much about you and your friend I'm not sure you would believe me,"

Jake replied, "Try me, I did just get here through a passage that took me from 2014 to 1958,"

Perseus chuckled, "Fair enough, if you really want to know I will tell you if it means you will give up this foolish crusade of yours and go home. Once you are home I will remove the passage for good so no other mortals can find it again,"

Jake caught his use of the word mortals and said," What do you mean Mortals? There's no way you are immortal, I'm starting to think you might just be crazy,"

"I don't think you actually believe that Jake, I already know enough about you to know that you are too smart for that. You can tell I'm not from this time either, and I'm sure you noticed that I didn't get here by any mortal method. I could force you to leave this time, but I would rather you do it of your own free will,"

Jake was about to speak up again when Perseus continued, "Jake I know you aren't a particularly religious man, but gods are real-"

sounding incredulous, Jake interrupted, "Are you saying you're god? You don't look much like him,"

Perseus chuckled, "No I have already told you my name, I wasn't lying about that. I don't actually know if the god from the Bible exists, I was talking about pagan gods, mainly the Greek gods. It may be hard to believe but they are very real and I am one of them. The only one of my domains that matters to you right now is time, since that is the one you were planning to mess with, and that is why I am here now to stop you.

I don't know exactly how things would change if you were to be successful in your mission to save John F. Kennedy, but because I am the god of time I know how it works enough to understand that attempting it is a bad idea and I needed to stop you just like I and the fates did with your friend. I am not certain if they gave him the cancer, I know that I didn't because that is not within my power, and even if it was I doubt I would have resorted to those kinds of methods to stop him, but I suspect the fates wanted him stopped one way or another, and they decide what happens in people's lives and I'm sure they don't want anyone messing with the past that they planned out. I am a kind and forgiving deity most of the time but trust me, the fates may look Like grandmas, but you don't want to anger them. They could decide you should die tomorrow and it would happen, or they could make the rest of your life terrible.