Teasing

Thalia's Point of view

I usually get up early in the morning to get some extra archery practice, but when I got up to do that this morning I wasn't really expecting to have a god visit me. Don't get me wrong I wasn't entirely surprised since it was Percy, but after what happened last night I was kind of hoping that he wouldn't come. I should have known my luck wouldn't be that good though,  and when I was about to shoot an arrow at one of the targets I heard Percy say, "morning Thalia,"

 Although he startled me  I just looked off to my left and saw him standing there smirking at me. I was sure I knew why he was most likely here, so I wasn't thrilled to see him. I knew the topic of conversation would probably change soon enough, but I replied, "Morning kelp head," 

Yeah, I still call him that despite him being a god and he had told me once not to treat him differently because of it. deciding just to get the inevitable conversation over with I said, "I'm guessing you're here to gloat about last night's capture the flag game,"

His smirk remained on his face before he replied, "You could say that, I was hoping that the campers would win but I certainly didn't expect you to let a twelve-year-old get the better of you,"

I glared at him before replying, "He surprised me, he used sword techniques I'd never even seen before,"

Percy's smirk remained on his face and he said,  "What did you really expect? he's my son,  I made sure he could handle himself after he came here, and half the time he doesn't have to learn sword techniques, they just come to him when they are useful,"

I replied, "I think the other gods are rubbing off on you Percy, where did that ego come from,"

Percy just shrugged before replying, " Perhaps I've changed a little, but I'm not as bad as the others. besides, I'm just proud of my son. He's already become quite the hero and he's only twelve, "  as an afterthought he added, "How did the creek water  taste,"

Percy's pride and amusement were obvious on his face and I just glared at him for that last comment. the moment he'd been referring to was probably the most embarrassing part of last night's game since it had happened in front of quite a few campers and hunters. 

Percy commented, "You would have been better off if you'd just stuck to using your spear since when it comes to powers, time pretty much beats anything, " 

Percy made his point by stopping the arrow I'd just shot at one of the targets. as a result, it just stayed in that one spot as if something was holding it there. After how this conversation had been going I almost wanted to shoot an arrow at my cousin but I knew that was pointless, he would obviously be able to stop it just as easily as Luke had stopped my arrows the night before. As much as I hated to admit it I knew I wouldn't be able to beat my cousin in a fight now since he was a lot more powerful than he used to be. not to mention that I hadn't even been able to beat his son. 

Percy released my arrow from his control and It fell to the ground. I said, "quit being a show-off kelp head,"

Percy just chuckled before he said, "See you later Thalia, I suggest you start training a little harder if you want to beat camp next time,"

After those words left his mouth I quickly looked away as he left camp.