The Morning After

Percy's Point of view

I woke up in the morning only to realize that unlike most mornings I felt a weight on my chest. I looked and saw Amber's head on my chest. Her blonde hair was a mess, and I was pretty sure that it was from more than just bedhead. That was when I realized that we were both naked, and then I remembered what we had done the night before. I couldn't deny that I'd enjoyed it, and I was pretty sure that Amber had too but I also knew that it probably wasn't one of the smartest things we'd ever done.

We'd gotten carried away and hadn't thought to use any kind of protection. Due to that, I knew that Amber might very well get pregnant because of it and if that ended up being the case I knew that would mean the end of our relationship. I knew about the ancient laws that forbid the gods from staying with a woman after they'd had a child with her, and prevented the gods from helping their mortal lovers and children.

While I had a bit more freedom from some of the ancient laws pertaining to demigods I was still heavily restricted when it came to any demigod children I might have. I could only meet and help my children once they got to camp, and I still can't do anything if a child of mine is ever sent on a quest. As much as I would like to have children at some point I don't want them to have to go through all the crap I went through, and I kind of hope that Amber doesn't get pregnant, partially because I don't want to have to leave her.

I had never expected to fall in love again so soon after Annabeth left me, but I know that I love Amber more than I ever loved Annabeth and I don't want to have to leave her. I'm not the kind of guy that just up and leaves someone I care about, and if I ever do have children I would want to be there to help raise them, not leave the woman I love to raise our child on her own. Despite that, I knew that if Amber does get pregnant I will have no choice but to leave her, if only to protect her and our child from monsters and Zeus.

I shoved those thoughts aside hoping that my fears wouldn't become reality. I wasn't going to mention my previous thoughts to Amber, she would probably have similar thoughts when she woke up.  Obviously not the part about me having to leave her if she gets pregnant, I'd never mentioned that to her and I kind of hoped that I wouldn't have to. I hadn't planned on getting her pregnant and it wasn't exactly the best topic to bring up on a date.

I had planned on staying there until she woke up but I was summoned to a council meeting. I left her a note telling her why I couldn't stay and So I wouldn't show up to the meeting in the clothes I'd been wearing the day before I quickly went back to my palace, got cleaned up and changed. If I had gone in the same clothes at least some of the gods probably would have figured out where I had come from. As it was I think my dad and Apollo figured it out somehow.

Throughout the meeting, I couldn't get my mind off Amber and the fact that I might have gotten her pregnant. Gods, what were we thinking? I thought to myself. I had an answer for that, we weren't thinking, once we got started lust and our feelings for each other had wiped away any restraint or second thoughts that we might have had. Once the meeting ends I would probably go back to see Amber again, we probably wouldn't have sex again, or not without protection at least. I just like spending as much time as I can with her. I know I love her and if I could I would be with her for the rest of my life. I had been thinking about eventually asking her to marry me but if she gets pregnant I knew that would have to wait.

Amber's Point of view

I woke up in the morning and it wasn't long before I remembered what Percy and I had done the night before. I'd let him take my virginity, that didn't bother me I loved Percy and I had wanted to take our relationship to the next level but why hadn't either of us thought to use protection? I couldn't help but think of the fact that I could end up pregnant because of this.

I knew that I eventually wanted to have children but I wasn't sure if I was ready to have a child now. I also knew that I loved Percy and that if it came to that I would be willing to have his child, but that didn't mean that I wanted to become a mother right now. I pushed those thoughts aside still hoping that I wouldn't end up pregnant. After I had woken up I quickly noticed that Percy was gone but the side of the bed where he had been lying was still warm.

Just before I got up I noticed that he had left a note. I grabbed it and saw that he had been called to a meeting. I sighed kind of disappointed but it's not like he just ditched me. He'd also said that he would try and come back when it was over. I also knew that if we have sex again we would use protection even if it might already be too late for that to make a difference considering that I could get pregnant from last night. I pushed that worry aside not wanting to believe it could be the truth.

After I read Percy's not I got up, got cleaned up, got dressed, and got breakfast. I wondered when Percy would come back. I'd fallen for him so hard that I miss him when he's not here. I doubted he ever would, but I knew if he ever left me I would be really upset. Not too long after I did all that Percy returned.

 On days like this when he has to leave to go to a meeting I usually ask him what happened at the meeting, I can't help but be curious about it since for most of my life I didn't even know that the Greek gods are real. He told me that not much had happened, it was mostly just the usual arguments between the gods that don't like each other, but they had asked him to look for his ex who had gone missing.

 I could tell he wasn't happy about that so I tried to take his mind off it. I knew he was over her but he was still kind of mad at her because she had repeatedly nagged him to take her back and because she'd blamed him for things that weren't his fault, but little did she know he had moved on and had been dating me. Percy and I started kissing, eventually, things grew more heated until I found myself saying, "How about we continue where we left off last night."

Percy smirked seeming perfectly fine with the idea, we soon resumed what we had been doing the night before, except this time we remembered to use protection. We weren't going to make that mistake again. I know we both knew there was no guarantee that it would prevent me from getting pregnant but it was safer than not using anything. I think we both knew that it could be too late for protection to make a difference because I could get pregnant from last night but I pushed that thought aside not wanting to think about that.

After we had finished I was kind of sore and we simply laid there just enjoying being together. I found myself tracing the shape of one of his scars with my fingers. He shifted slightly at my touch and I knew that the scars could be a difficult subject for him to talk about but I still was kind of curious about them. while he hadn't told me everything about himself I knew enough to know that he'd been through a lot and I guessed that he probably got them from fighting in the wars. 

  I think Percy is one of a kind and sometimes I still wonder how a man as amazing as him could have possibly fallen for me but I didn't think about it too much since I was just happy to have him. Before I met Percy men never really seemed to be interested in me which is why I was so surprised when Percy was. He was the first guy who really took an interest in me and didn't think I was weird or not pretty enough.  

While I was thinking about Percy another thought occurred to me. I had realized based on what he had said to me a while ago about demigods that if Percy and I ever had a child it would be a demigod, in fact, after the previous night there was a pretty good chance that we would. I didn't really want to think about that possibility though since I was hoping that wouldn't happen, or not for quite a while at least. 

I shoved those thoughts out of my head not wanting to think about that possibility. Percy and I stayed there just enjoying being together. Having unprotected sex probably wasn't the smartest thing I'd ever done but no matter what happened I'd get through it somehow.