Deleted Scene From the Son of Time

A/N This scene is what would have happened if Percy visited Amber first after the war, but instead I had Luke visit her first.

Percy's Point of view

Now that the war was over, and the rewards were handed out everyone on Olympus was celebrating. Unlike them, I wasn't really in a celebratory mood. I decided I would go and make sure Amber was okay, I figured that she was probably fine, but there was still a chance that monsters could have found her.

I went to her Apartment and I knocked on the door. when I didn't get an answer I started to get worried. Call me overprotective, or a worrywart if you want but considering the number of people I have lost, and everything I have been through in my life you can't really blame me for immediately thinking of the worst. 

I knocked again hoping that maybe she just hadn't heard me the first time.  due to the fact that my mind had immediately gone to the worst possibility, I didn't even think of the fact that she might have just been doing something that caused her to not be able to hear me, and that if she was hurt the door probably wouldn't be closed and locked unless whoever hurt her was really trying to conceal what they had done. 

When I didn't get a response after knocking a third time I was quite worried, and I gave up on knocking and just teleported past the door.  After I did though I soon realised that she was fine and that I had overreacted.  when I entered her apartment I walked in a little further in order to try and find Amber and make sure she was okay.

Just after I started looking for her I realised I heard what had to be the shower running, that  was when I realised  I had probably overreacted. just as quickly as I heard it the shower shut off,  I guessed that Amber would be coming out soon. I moved away so I wouldn't be looking right at her when she came out.

She came out in nothing but a bathrobe, I didn't purposefully look at her, but even though I wasn't really looking at her I still glimpsed her out of the corner of my eye.  just my luck she glanced in my direction, and blushed the colour of a ripe tomato when she saw me. I was slightly embarrassed by my overreacting and catching her at this moment, but I couldn't help but be slightly amused by the situation. 

When she blushed I only made her blush further when I said, "It's not like I haven't seen you in less than that."

after that, she blushed a colour that reminded me of Apollo's sacred cows. I let her go and get dressed, and when she came back I explained how I had accidentally ended up seeing her nearly naked.  After the awkwardness of the situation ended I told her what had happened since we had last spoken. I told her everything that I knew, although I didn't know everything that Luke had faced in the recent battles.  

I stayed and talked to Amber for a little while, but I eventually left since I still wanted to talk to Luke before he returned to camp, after all, I figured he would have some questions for me, most of which would probably about my past and his namesakes. I thought that Luke might visit Amber before heading back to camp since he hadn't seen her since the day he had gone to Camp Half Blood. 

Catching Amber nearly naked might have made for a fairly awkward situation  since although we were back together our relationship wasn't as serious as it had once been. It could have been worse though since it could have been even more awkward if I had accidentally seen her completely naked. I had a pretty good idea what my reaction to that would have been and there were two different endings I could think of for that situation but incredibly awkward was probably the most likely one.