Love and Longing

Percy's point of view

Honestly, I don't know how I am going to stay away from Amber for the next decade if not more.  I used to think that Annabeth was my true love, my soul mate, but now I know otherwise. It pisses me off to think about the fact that I fell into Tartarus for a girl that would eventually dump me for a son of Morpheus.  but now I have had someone else that I know is the one. I never loved Annabeth as much as I love Amber.  that's why I don't know how I'll restrain myself from running back to her. once our child is born that will make it even worse because I know that I would definitely want to see my son or daughter. Whichever our child ends up being. but I know I can't be a part of its life, or at least not until our child is older and goes to Camp Half-Blood. 

after I realized I had fallen in love with Amber I began dreading the day that I would have to leave her. I knew it would come eventually, I was immortal, she wasn't. I knew our relationship couldn't last.  once I learned that she was pregnant I knew that I would have to leave her soon. I hadn't planned on having demigod children, but one night after we had gone back to her apartment after a date, she started it. That surprised me, I had never thought that she would bring up sex. I kind of thought that she would be too nervous or afraid to make the first move, and I hadn't been planning on doing it either, sure I knew we could use protection but that first night we both got carried away and the thought never occurred to us. Once we ended up in her room I knew what would happen. After everything she did any restraint, I may have been hanging onto went out the window, and one thing led to another, and now she's pregnant with our child.
I honestly don't know how the other Olympians have been doing this for years, having relationships with mortals and then leaving them. I get that some of those were one night stands, but not all of them were. I guess most of the gods just don't care as much as me. What only makes it harder for me is that I have continued to watch over Amber to make sure nothing happens to her. I would never forgive myself if something did happen to her, especially since for the time being there is not only one life in danger but two.
Although I've tried to hide it I think that my dad and Apollo have noticed my change in mood. Whether I like it or not I will have to tell my dad about my child eventually, after all, he does deserve to know when he's a grandfather. I will probably wait to tell him until after my child is born, though, because there is still a chance that Amber could miscarry. Although since I am so new to this I really don't know what to expect for all I know it may not be possible to miscarry demigods.  Regardless I will have to stay away from Amber somehow, no matter how much it hurts me I know that it's the only way to keep her safe.