Pregnant

Amber's point of view
I was getting ready for work when I suddenly felt like I needed to throw up, I quickly ran into the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. at first, I really didn't know why I would be throwing up, as far as I knew I hadn't eaten anything bad. As I continued to get ready, I also realised that I hadn't had my period this month either, and I almost never miss one. An explanation for both these things occurred to me that was both scary and exciting.  I realized I could be pregnant, Considering how serious Percy and I had been getting it's entirely possible especially since there had been one time that we hadn't used protection. Since that night I'd been trying not to think about the fact that I could become pregnant from it, but the thought had remained in the back of my mind nagging me.  I'll have to pick up tests on the way home from work. I thought to myself.
As the day went by I had to stop and vomit two more times. Like I had planned I stopped at a drugstore and bought a package of pregnancy tests. When I got home I took out two of the tests and I went into the bathroom. I took two because I figured that if they both had the same result I could be pretty sure one way or the other. I took the tests and waited for them to show the results. As I waited I began to fidget nervously. Finally, I picked up the first test. The result was positive, according to that one I was pregnant. I picked up the second one, it had the same result as the first, there was no doubt about it I was Pregnant.
I wasn't sure what I thought about it, I knew I wanted to have kids eventually but I didn't know if I was ready to be a mom now. Regardless I would have this baby and raise it as best I can. I wouldn't want an abortion and I wouldn't put the baby up for adoption either.
Then something hit me, how would Percy take this news? We are going to be parents. Would he leave or stay? Will our child be a boy or a girl? What would we name our baby? All these questions whirled through my head, but the one I kept coming back to was how Percy would react. I know I have to tell him, but how? I would be seeing him a couple of days from now, I would tell him then.

Two days later I was sitting in my living room waiting for Percy to arrive. When he got there we sat on the couch, he wrapped an arm around me and I sat comfortably in his embrace. He leaned over and kissed me I happily returned the kiss. No matter how much I was enjoying just sitting there with him  I knew that I Would have to tell him my news. I wasn't sure how he would react, but  I knew that he deserved to know.  Partway through our date, Percy must have noticed that I was nervous about telling him because he asked, "Amber what's wrong?"

  I finally found my courage and said, "Percy I'm Pregnant." 

 He blinked a couple of times as what I had said sunk in.  He smiled, but I thought I could see the worry in his eyes.  He pointed out that I could have an abortion if I wasn't ready to be a mother, but I told him that I wasn't going to do that. I could tell that when he had mentioned an abortion he was saddened by the idea of aborting the baby but he had left the choice up to me. When I told him that I wasn't going to abort our baby he accepted that and said he was sure I'd be a great mother, but I wasn't so sure. 

 We sat there for a while and I admitted that I was worried about ending up like my mother. He tried to reassure me that I would be a great mother but I still wasn't so sure. for the rest of that date, we talked about the baby but I was sure that we were both still worried about what was in store for us. I was relieved that Percy had taken the news pretty well. All things considered, I'd been worried that he wouldn't take the news so well and freak out, or even leave me, but he seemed a bit worried, sure but I think he was also happy about it.

 We had never really talked about having kids since we weren't that far into our relationship yet, after all that's something that quite often doesn't come up until after marriage, and we hadn't even talked about that yet.  Based on how I felt about Percy I was sure that if he did eventually ask me to marry him I would probably agree since I knew how much I love him and I honestly couldn't imagine myself with anyone else. That's when I remembered that I probably couldn't marry him, after all, he's immortal and I wasn't, even if he stayed with me for the rest of my life I would eventually get old and die, and he would have to continue to live on without me.  

I remembered that some of the gods have immortal wives, and some of them had originally been human so I thought, maybe there was still a chance for Percy and me to be together without having to be separated by my mortality. I honestly didn't know what would happen to us, but I hoped we wouldn't have to be separated anytime soon since I really didn't want to lose him.