Chapter 10- Mbaya's Darklands

"How can you do that?" asked Njano, perplexed. he had never seen or heard about this kind of magical power ever before in his life. If there was this kind of a powerful lion who could bring back Scar, then this would be cool news for them but bad news for the lion guard and the pridelands ,which was indeed what Njano wanted.

"you know Mbaya, good things should not take time." said Shupavu with an evil smirk.

"true words." replied Mbaya.

"Then, what are we waiting for? let's go!" shouted Njano, excited.

"There, there my skink friend. it's not as easy as you think. first, we need to find the place where scar died, that is, the Elephant graveyard. but before that we need to go to my lands and get my bakora staff because it's the only way we can bring back scar." said Mbaya.

"Your lands?" asked Shupavu

"yes. the Darklands." replied Mbaya.

The evil Lion then turned to his massive army of 200 lions and announced-"my friends, it has been decided that we shall resurrect scar back from the dead. we shall march to the darklands to start this mission."

murmers and whispers could be heard within the army.

"resurect scar!"

"scar!.." further whispers were heard.

Amadi,a strong and light furred lion from the army rose and spoke up.

"Mbaya! scar was a deadly villain of the past. he was probably the worst lion to have ever lived. bringing him back would be the worst thing to do." said the Amadi. half of the army that is 100 or so lions supported him, telling mbaya that they would not help him in his evil intentions.

"Fine! get lost all of you! I don't need you anyway. but Amadi, you will regret your decision. and all of you shall pay the price for supporting him, with your life!" roared Mbaya.

The remaining 100 lions, that is the remaining half of the army supported mbaya and were ready to support him and bring scar back. thus the armies were divided and parted ways. the army of Mbaya along with the skinks, Kenge, Sumu and Mpishi marched towards Mbaya's Darklands.

**********************

Rani was fast asleep inside the tree of life. indeed, her leg was still healing from the injury but it still was in a very bad condition. Nirmala visited her inside the tree of life. she asked if rani was feeling alright.

"well. I don't feel so good." said Rani.

"Arama Karo" said nirmala. "relax rani, your leg will soon be alright. but until then, you should take some rest." she added.

Makini meanwhile, was preparing a concoction for Rani to drink.

"Here queen Rani. drink this."

"What does this do?" asked Rani.

"it makes you feel energetic." said Makini.

Makini took the bowl filled with the concoction and put it inside Rani's mouth.

"Ugghhhh!! it tastes sooo bad!! what ingredients did you use to make... whatever this is??"