Part 10

"Why am I nervous? its just a ball! I've been attending them for as long as I can remember. So why do I feel like this?"

"Its cause Jaemin is coming this time" teased Donghyuck "that's why, you want to impress him"

"Don't you forget Soo is also coming" said Jeno "and no I don't want to impress him"

"Says the man in his most important suit" said Doyoung "but whatever you say"

"I'm not" said Jeno, looking back and forth between his friends "this isn't"

"Sure it is" laughed Mark, his eyes glancing behind Jeno "Oh god look who's here"

"My parents?" questioned Jeno "or just my mum?"

"Worse" whispered Renjun "your fiancé"

Jeno turned to see Hanbyul and her parade of friends walking towards them, Hanbyul holding her hand up with a wicked grin on her face.

"Why is she holding her hand up like that?" asked Jisung, raising his eyebrow "and why does she look like evil?"

"Hi baby!" called Hanbyul, rushing towards Jeno to hold his hand "I was just showing my friends the ring you gave me"

"What ring?" asked Jeno, looking down at Hanbuyl's hand "I never gave you a ring"

"Yes you did silly" chuckled Hanbyul, as her friends cackled behind her "don't you remember?"

"No" said Jeno, seriously "I don't"

"Well I hope you haven't forgotten our wedding date also" said Hanbyul "or that would be disastrous"

"I hope its not anytime soon" commented Chenle "we will need to saviour the days"

"Its next month" scoffed Hanbyul, rolling her eyes at Chenle "on the same day as your coronation"

"Today is our engagement ball"

"No, its the annual royal ball" said Doyoung "which has been a tradition since forever"

"But her majesty told me-"

"I thought I could smell betrayal" called Queen Sarang, appearing out of nowhere "what are you doing here Doyoung?'

"I'm always invited" said Doyoung "you can't get rid of me"

"Fine but don't come anywhere near me during the ball" said Queen Sarang "you'll ruin my night"

"Mummy, they were being rude" cried Hanbyul, grabbing Queen Sarang's arm "especially my baby's friends"

"Lee Jeno" scolded Queen Sarang "why didn't you stand up for your fiancé"

"I never proposed" said Jeno "she's not my fiancé"

"Come on darling" said Queen Sarang, turning around "Jeno is just playing around, he really loves you"

"Oh yes I love to be forced to marry some woman" started Jeno "by my mother"

"Why don't you just run away?" sighed Renjun "then you won't have to deal with this"

"Even if I do" said Jeno "she'll still find me"

"So are you looking forward to seeing nana?" teased Doyoung "because I can't wait to meet him"

"alright let's get ready" said Jeno "the ball is starting soon"

"avoiding the question" called Mark "as usual"

"Shut up"

---------------------------------------

The Royal ball was in full swing, the classical music was playing, the buffet was all laid out and lots of conversations were taking place. And all in the middle of it all was Jaemin and Sooyoung who felt like they were somewhat out of place.