naive little girl

Angela's POV
Two days later I came back to New York.Ruben had surprisingly made me feel Abit better,but I couldn't help the darkness that consumed me.

Albert betrayed me.We have been together our whole lives .All I wanted was love, was that too much to ask for?

It was night when Albert walked in all battered and bruised.
Albert:Angela please.
Angela: what are you doing here and what happened to you?

Albert:I got attacked, but it doesn't matter, Angela I love you.

(He said as tears filled his eyes.I turned my back to him.I hated seeing him cry, I couldn't be weak.He came to me and went on his knees)

Albert:please I beg you, don't leave,I swear I won't do it again.Please don't leave me angela ,please.
Angela: get up,you are hurt.
Albert: no,if you leave me,I have nothing to live for.

(He cried like a baby,I couldn't help seeing him like this)
Angela: get up(I helped him up,he instantly hugged me.)
Albert: thank you .

Was I going to forgive him?

The next day, I went to the therapist, maybe he would give me answers.

Ruben:so he came crying to you, and you just took him back?
Angela:no,I haven't yet..
Ruben: but you will, eventually.
Angela:but I ..
Ruben:you are a naive little girl.

Angela:excuse me?(all this while he was judging me and I finally snapped)
With all due respect,you are not apart of my life,it is none of your business.
Ruben:you finally grew a backbone but for the wrong situation.am trying to help.

Angela:I don't need it.
Ruben:then why did you come here?(I became silent.)
Angela: right.(I got up and went to the door but it was locked.I turned , only to find him standing inches away from me.He conered me onto the door.He held a stern expression.,his jaw was clenched)

Angela: what are you doing?
Ruben : I never said our session was over.
Angela: but I did,so let me go.
Ruben: no.
(He inched in closer scaring me,I moved my face to the side as he nearly kissed me)
I angrily shoved him,he didn't budge.

Angela:this is your doing,you want to seduce me so that I will leave my husband.(immediately I said that,he walked back.He looked as if he was holding back)

Ruben: session is over,I will see you tomorrow.

(The door was surprisingly unlocked.I walked out.Whatever Happened inside there shouldn't have happened,yet I liked it.I needed to stay away.)

I came home and found Albert cooking for me,for the first time.

This went on for weeks , Albert was trying to change, maybe I could forgive him and start over.

I never went back to the therapist again.Albert took me out to dinner and I was finally about to forgive him.

Albert went to get a call,he took too long,so I came out to find him on the phone with his mistress.

Albert:yes,am finally earning her forgiveness,she has a very soft spot for me,I adore her alot,but I still want to see you,we can finally see each other like we used to.

(I was shattered.I was such a fool)