Holding me hostage

Angela's POV
Ruben: I tried my best to keep the towel on as I dressed you, don't worry I didn't see much, and do you know why? because I respect you.
Angela: if you respect me,you wouldn't have kidnapped me.

Ruben:I had to ,to protect you and from killing
Angela:you are already a killer!(I accidentally slipped out,he showed that sad Expression again but quickly masked it)
Ruben:get some rest(he walked off.)

What have I done? I knew deep down I wasn't ashamed of him but rather at myself for still Loving him regardless of him being a murderer.

Murder is never right but he did it to protect me.I sighed softly and went to bed.late in the night, there was a huge storm.I was scared of thunder strikes, and these strikes were huge.

I started screaming and crying softly.I suddenly felt my bed dipped and two strong arms wrapped around me.I cuddled into his touch as he whispered soothing words to me.

He stroked my hair which helped me fall asleep.
The next day,I woke up in his arms.I quickly got off him waking him up,we both got off the bed.

Angela:you shouldn't be here.
Ruben: this is my house.
Angela:then let me leave,I don't want your protection.
Ruben:baby girl,you need my protection.

Angela:so forcing me against my will is how you protect me?
Ruben:if it keeps you safe,I will do it a thousand times.(I sat on the bed with my head hanged low.)

Ruben's POV
I hated seeing her like this,I wish she hadn't found out about who I really was.I knew someone was following me but I didn't have time for that,I was only focused on protecting Angela.

I was in my office when I got a call from one of my enemies threatening to kill Angela if I didn't meet them.

I did meet them and I killed them,but somehow my little flower found out .I could tell by the way she looked at me, and how she disconnected my calls before they barely rang.

I immediately knew that something was up.A week passed and I tried to give her everything.I bought her gifts and spoiled in luxury yet she was not happy.

I realised that no matter what I gave her,her freedom would always be what would make her happy.

I came to her room to talk to her.
Ruben: Angela, for the past week we haven't spoken much and I realised you are miserable, I can't let you go because of your safety,but I also can't keep you here against your will.

You can go back home but please on one condition.

She had her back turned to me.
Angela: what condition is that?
Ruben:that you have a bodyguard.please(she turned to look at me,but she had tears in her eyes.I came to her and touched her face) what's wrong?

Angela:am just ashamed of myself for being ashamed of still Loving you after really finding out who you are