Summer lights part 1

Hima's POV
It's been a long while's since the incident with the clock keepers. But also Kou seems a little down I might ask Yashiro if we should do anything to cheer him up . Right? That's what friends do and he lost his spirit friend not to long ago before that.

But I've been hearing from the mokke that she's planning something and that Akane even gave her some advice . And apparently the mokke have a delivery service Yashiro sent him muffins.

And a flyer for a summer festival I think it's sweet, but there's one problem it would only be the two of them since me and Hanako can't leave the school. And all of this leads to how I ended up the middle man for this argument.

Hanako doesn't want Yashiro and Kou to go to the summer festival together without me and him. " come on, you know, I'm bound to the school! I can't go to outside festivals!" He said .

Laying defeated on the floor " I think it's a wonderful idea for you to go, but it would be pretty weird for not everyone to go" I said with a little smile. "Sheesh guys! I'm taking Kou to a festival because we need to cheer them up remember!?" Yashiro said whispering to us.

" and they only have summer festivals outside school. Well buy your souvenirs ok?" Yashiro said patting our heads. The Hanako looks like he had the best idea and whispered into my ear. I nodded, eagerly, smiling.

" i've got it! You just have to go to a festival in the school" he said smiling. While Kou and Yashiro had confusion written all over their faces . "Meet us at Misaki stairs in the wee hours of the night on July 7!" I say in excitement.

*Skip Time*

3rd person POV
" Ok we girls have to get ready" Yako says. " so U2, go on ahead and wait for us kay" Yako says. As the boys walk into the mirror to see a beautiful ghost festival happening in the distance. "Whoa, Awesome. So the schools boundaries aren't just for the seven mysteries?" Kou says looking at the little city in awe.

" there are actually a ton of more that don't have masters, and they're bigger too. Of course, that makes them more chaotic" Hanako says. " so this is a boundary festival?" Kou asks. " yep. The Tanabata Star festival. Oh, right. Kid, who is still a second" Hanako says.

As he pulls out a triangle crown from his pocket. "Ta-daa! A triangle crown!" Hanako says to Kou. " Wait, but aren't those for?" Kou trails off. " yep there for dead people. Boundary festivals are sponsored and attended by supernaturals. If they find out there's a living human in the crowd things could get ugly. So will use this to pretend you're a supernatural!" Hanako explains.

"Oh I see"Kou says as Hanako puts the triangle crown on Kou's head. " when the girls get here, we'll have to tell Yashiro to put hers on as well" Hanako says.

"Hanako!/Kou-kun!" Hima and Yashiro yell out. " oh, speak of the devil" Hanako says. As him and Kou turn around. And are speechless as they take in the beauty before them. " sorry, it took a little longer for Yashiro to get changed. Thanks for waiting!" Hima said.

(This is Hima's /Violet's yukata)

" what do you think of our yukata's" Yashiro said shyly. As her and Hima Wait for the boys reactions several minutes of silence past. Then Yako jumped on them, and started hitting them in the head. While yelling say something to them as they stood there like statues.

" it... it's really great! I think it looks super good on you too!! Doesn't it!!?" Kou exclaimed, with a slight blush on his cheeks, while elbowing Hanako in the chest. "Uh. Yeah" Hanako said shyly while covering his face with his hat.

Hima's POV
Then he got head butted by Yashiro for what he said, which he deserved. " I guess clothes really do make the radish!" Hanako said to Yashiro. Then she left him on the ground, and turned away to talk to Kou.

I helped pick Hanako up from the floor as he stared in disbelief that he got beaten by a "radish" his words not mine. Although I could see him, sneaking some glances at my face, while his cheeks were turning red.

"Let's just get to the festival already!" Yako said to all of us. And that snapped everyone out of their trance. "Uh right. Let's go to the festival!" Hanako said . And we started heading towards the direction of the festival.

It was filled with the usual booths and games and food areas . This is also when Yashiro learned that mermaid scales were a pretty rare thing to trade.

Yashiro and Kou even tried playing a few of the festival games minus her accidentally shooting a mokke. At any rate we got prizes, and that is when our two friends learned what wishing slips are.

then we start explaining about how if you collect all five colors and write the wish on all of them, then tie them to the bamboo tree in the middle of the festival. Supposedly, whatever you wish will come true .

" whatever we wish!?" Yashiro and Kou exclaimed in shock. "Yeah but it's just a rumor" I say. Although I do wonder what their wishes would be. " just so you know, it's really hard to collect all five. You keep getting doubles. And no one wants to give theirs away because they want them for their own wishes because it's still a wishing slip even if you don't have all the colors." Yako explained.

While, sitting on my shoulder, munching on some treats . " let's collect them all,Kou-kun!" Yashiro said to Kou. "Yeah" he said. Agreeing with us, bumping their energy was so positive I felt like I was seeing the sun.

" they're not listening"Hanako said with a straight face. " I know" I said with a slight smile. So we walked all around the boundary star festival, watching them as we played and played until there were no games left standing.

" I can't find that last one anywhere!!" Yashiro said holding six wishing slips, one yellow, three white, one black and one green. While Kou also has a lot of duplicates hunching over on the floor in defeat.

" not a single red!" Hanako says. "Me neither " I say. " I just need one more too" Kou says. " we've gone to almost every booth. So why?" Yashiro says with questioning. " told you it's like this every year" Yako says to them.

While Hanako jumps them from behind into a hug . And I decided to join in on this hug as well. " C'mon guys, cheer up!" Hanako says. " yeah, there's gonna be fireworks soon!"I say in excitement.

" it's too bad about the wish lips, but I still had fun!" Yashiro with a big smile. Then I squish her into a hug, twirling her in circles. Then the boys look at us and smile "yup" "yeah".

" they're gonna start the fireworks finale soon" I say. " let's go type are wishing slips on the big wish tree" Hanako says to us. " it sure is crowded!" I say to Yashiro. Then I realize that your shadow isn't anywhere near us. I pull the boys sleeves and turn around to hear her yelling for us.

"Hima-Chan! , Hanako-kun!, Kou-kun!" She yelled. "Whoa! Yashiro what you doing back there? Here this way" I say as I grab onto her hand and continue walking. "Oh! Okay" she says.

But then gets hit by a cow ?!

Yashiro's POV
"Ngh , what was that? Huh? Where'd they go?" I say in confusion. I must've lost them I thought. The last thing I remember was being hit by a cow! "Hey what are you doing?" A small voice said. "Yeah are you okay miss?" A little girl said. As I looked up to see-?

~to be continued ~