Bite 339: One More Level

As soon as Quinn's match had ended, he decided to go straight to his room, avoiding talking with any of the other participants or remaining in the training centre. Even with his short walk back when walking by the next participants who would be taking part in the event, he could feel their eyes as if they were piercing the back of his skull. And the gossiping had started.

When he finally arrived in his room, he quickly closed the door behind him and leant his back up against it, letting out a big breath.

"So I finally did it." He said with a smile. 'It feels nice not to be holding onto such a secret anymore.'

Still, just this was enough for him. One of the huge weights that were always on the back of his mind felt lifted, but he wasn't prepared for all the attention and reactions, so just for tonight, he wanted to rest.

'I hope Vorden's plan worked.'

When Vorden whispered in Quinn's ear telling him what to say, he sounded confident and assured him it would stop others from coming after him for his power. However, he did mention it would do nothing for the vampires so he should still proceed with caution.

Lying on his bed, all he wanted to do was shut his eyes. The fight had taken a lot out of him, not only physically but mentally as well. He realised how much harder fighting without relying on his vampire powers was.

Looking at his gauntlets, there now was a large scratch mark and several dents on them as well.

[Inspect]

[Durability 40/100]

[Effects of gauntlets will be reduced by 50%]

In the fight, he had blocked the Multipliers attacks a few times, and they were now severely damaged. It was a shame because the system shop only had one pair of each item. Even if he got his hand on the materials, he couldn't make another one. What he would have liked to have done is get a better pair altogether, but that would require crystals from advanced tier beasts.

With no more expeditions for first-year students, he would either have to wait until he was in his second year or pay to put up a quest asking for certain materials, but his funds weren't exactly the healthiest at the moment either.

If they were to break in the next fight, without the use of his vampire abilities, it would weaken his attacking power by quite a bit.

Still, there was one more thing for Quinn to check out. An exciting surprise that he didn't expect after defeating the Multiplier.

[Congratulations you are now level 19]

[One free stat point earned]

[Update to your current quest]

[Reach level 20 for your next step in your evolution! 19/20]

He didn't see the number of exp points received and when checking his exp, rather than the extra going over. Currently, it just said [0/51200]. This would assume that the reward was something similar to the quest that had been given when he first fought against Leo. An instant level up reward.

The free stat point was placed into his charm skill, increasing it now up to 29. After it reached level 30, he could then start to focus on his other skills. Charm was handy in helping Quinn keep his secrets, but soon he would have no secrets to keep and the ones that would be after him next, were the vampires.

According to the system AI, the number of points and strength one would have to have in their Charm to control another vampire would be enormous. Using the skills themselves, they naturally had some type of resistance to it. So Quinn needed to focus on getting stronger for what was about to come later.