Bite 359: Back at Lintarnia

It was early morning, and it was finally time for school to start up again. The students would be attending their final term and preparing for the exams ahead before enjoying their summer break. This meant the teachers no longer had much to do, and this included general Nathan, who was in charge of the first-year students.

He was in a chirpy mood as he entered the office, with a hop in each step and whistling a tune. Usually, Mondays would be the worst for most people, but it was the start of something new for him.

Although, their military base had failed at securing the first position and becoming winners of the base event. They had been praised for at least not coming in last. Not only that but Oscar, the supreme commander, had complimented them for how much improvement they had compared to the previous year. He stated he would be coming over the summer when the students weren't present to congratulate everyone.

There were still problems between Truedream and Duke and Paul, but that was something Nathan didn't care to get involved in. The head general could take care of that, as it was above his pay grade. Besides, it seemed like Truedream had stopped making requests from the second base as he was busy preparing for something else.

"Finally, no problems, no drama, I can just relax," Nathan said as he went to sit down at his desk. That's when he noticed something strange, a white envelope. This was rare in this day and age, where anyone could just send someone a message in an instant. Even if they didn't want to, they could always send you a message later.

So, he was curious about the contents of the letter. As Nathan quickly opened the letter, he realized there wasn't much on it.

"Dear Nathan

I am leaving the military base for good.

From Leo."

"Huh?" Nathan thought as he must have missed something. He reread the few lines again and again until reality hit him.

"WHAT!?" He shouted. "He just left like that; it's the middle of the term; who's going to take over the beast class, and what about a new sergeant."

Nathan immediately sat down and started to press his two fingers on his forehead as he could feel a slight headache coming on.

'Well, we did put that condition that he could leave whenever he wanted. But I thought he would have at least informed us, what about common courtesy.

However, he couldn't stay mad for long. Leo had helped him in many situations during his short stay here, and it was a person even he looked up to.

"You were a great man, Leo. Because of you, there were times when the Duke and the others chose to do something different. Wherever you are, I hope you are doing well." Nathan said with a smile, before quickly cursing at him for giving him more work on his relaxing day off.

****

On planet Lintarnia it was a peaceful day just like any over. The long grass was healthy and green, and the blue river was flowing nicely next to the quiet Shelter. After leaving the military base, Leo had gathered all of his things and had made his move here.

"I'm finally back," Leo said after coming through the portal. The portal used had dropped him in the centre of the Shelter and all his belongings came through with him, were left at the side. Leaving them there, he set off.

While walking through the Shelter, people looked at Leo strangely, for they could tell he was blind due to his strange eyes. Yet, somehow, he was walking fine. The Shelter didn't often get visitors, not ones that would stand out as much as Leo. So, they all paid quite a bit of attention to him.