Bite 355: A Punching Bag

The council members had done as the first Leader asked. They had moved from the meeting room, down to one of the training rooms below. When they had entered, a lesson was currently taking place. The hall was enormous but plain inside. There was no equipment apart from the wooden flooring, and the only thing that could be seen was a group of teenage students receiving instructions from a teacher upfront.

All the students seemed to be dressed in the same type of clothing, black standard uniform with red trim around the rim of the design. While the teacher wore what looked like an overly large over coat. He too had a different coloured trim around his clothes and also the same crest as the first Leader wore.

As the Leaders entered the room, the teacher who was taking the lesson, eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. "Students, quickly bow down to the Leaders." He said urgently.

The group of around fifty or so students immediately turned and bowed down when all the Leaders entered.

It was rare to see all the Leaders together unless they were to meet the King, or a meeting was about to take place. He was unaware of such a thing happening.

"Oh, that's right! I forgot about the current tour being organised in the main castle," Bryce said to himself. "I hope you don't mind Phil?"

"Not at all," Phil, the teacher said. "It's an honour to even be in your presence."

In chorus, all the students repeated what the teacher had said, keeping the exact phrase at the same time. "It is an honour to be in your presence."

When Peter entered the room with Fex and Silver, he was surprised to see how similar it seemed to the Military Academy. The only difference was it appeared like they had more respect for the Leaders, and everything was a lot more organised. Rather than them being compliant and obedient through fear, Peter could tell even just by looking at the vampires, that they were obedient through respect.

All students were now sitting on one side of the room. Their teacher was in the front row, while the Leaders where all lined up at the other side. The students were nervous just by looking at the Leaders. Some were already part of a family, due to their close connections. While others, although they might be under the same banner, wanted to prove their worth, in order to get a higher position in the family.

The vampires who weren't directly linked to a family were referred to as the Pool. Once a year, vampires would be able to move between families that they were currently registered in, and the students would be able to select which families they wanted to join. Similar to how seasons worked in sports.

Of course, spaces were limited to each family, as there were only a total of 1,500 spaces per family.

On a year-to-year basis, this number would increase, based on a few factors, such as whether or not the city could handle an increase of vampires that year. If so, then the allocation number would increase. But that time had already passed, and all the current vampires had been registered, setting the number at 1,500 per family.

Out of this number, fifty of those in the family would have a direct connection with the Leader in some way. An additional hundred of those would know the families' ability, while the rest would just be simple soldiers in the Pool. For those that knew or were to learn the families' ability, they would bear the families' crest on their uniform.

All of this meant there weren't many students who attended school in the first place, but the vampires always focused on quality rather than quantity.

Bryce stood in the centre of the training hall with a stick in his hand while Peter was still chained up by his side.