Bite 360: Useless Martial Arts

The Monday lesson's started as usual for Quinn and the others. But with the pending problem of the Vampires eventually finding out and coming after Quinn. They couldn't completely relax just yet.

In their homeroom lesson, Del started to explain about what would be coming up on the upcoming final exam test.

There were no more physical assessments apart from the two portal outings that had already proceeded, so the only tests left were written ones. Normal subjects, such as maths, science, English and I.T continued but were never the main focus. On top of the usual tests, students would also have to perform a general knowledge test.

This would test them on knowledge such as, how to use such equipment, being able to differentiate between different tier beast crystals. Different, types of beasts and their weak points, and information on the Dalki and what weapons they would use. Luckily for Quinn, this was nothing for him to worry about.

Not having an ability during his school life, the only thing he could do was study. So he was confident about getting a good grade. When thinking about the others in the group, he could only imagine they would do great as well, the only one he would have worried about was Fex, who was now no longer with them.

'I hope you're doing okay?' Quinn thought.

As the morning classes ended, it was time for them to go to their designated club class. Quinn started to head off to the weapons class and noticed that his homeroom teacher Del was going in the same direction as him.

'Don't tell me.'

A horrid thought had crossed his mind, and he just hoped his gut feeling wasn't right this time.

A few moments later...

"Alright everyone, unfortunately, Leo has left the military base for good," Del said, annoyed. He had suddenly been told in the morning that he was the one who now had to cover the beast weapons class. Due to Del's ability of being able to reinforce and allow beast weapons to grow stronger, he had a lot of knowledge about beast weapons, so they thought he would be a good substitute.

But to Del, it was just more work he didn't want to do. This chapter was originally shared via NOvel--Bi(j)n.

"So, I will now be your teacher. My name is..."

Del started to introduce himself and ramble on to the class. Not everyone in the beasts weapons class was part of Del's homeroom, so some didn't know him well like Quinn and the others.

Thinking back to the first day he had met him, Quinn knew this would take a while, as Del loved to talk about himself.

Looking around the room, ignoring what was being said, he spotted Layla at the back of the crowd. Hoping to go over there, he started to shift through the people.

'I wonder how she's doing with her ability and change, it can be hard to handle.'

Then when he finally could see her better, there was a little surprise. Standing by her side was Cia. Cia wasn't part of the beast weapons class before, but people were able to freely switch whenever they wanted. A lot of students would do to be more varied in their skills. While others stayed to specialise in one.

As soon as Quinn saw her though, he decided to turn away and head back to the front of the class. He had heard from Layla how upset Cia was and how everything was affecting her. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty for what he had done, but he had no choice. It was that or death. Still, it was too early to face her knowing what had happened.

Trying to think about a positive out of this, he managed to see one.

'Maybe with her losing her memories and knowing nothing about Pure, she could become a good companion. Her skill was extremely useful in the fight against the king tier beast.' Quinn thought.