Bite 362: The Agent Exams

Her mind was split on figuring out just what to do, but now it was already too late. James had entered her for the agent exam, and they had finally arrived, where Erin would have to take the test.

She had been struggling with herself about what the right or wrong thing to do was, and the reason for this was Layla. At some point, she was hoping Layla would eventually return to the Pure base, where she was hoping she would have the answers to the many questions Erin faced while being at here. There were just things that didn't quite make sense to her.

She had taken note to not do anything serious and just comply for now while looking at what was happening to her surroundings. She found that other students had the same questions as her, and those that did and brought it up, or expressed there whish to leave Pure. Would be taken away and had come back a few days later no longer having those questions in thier minds.

It was a facade, they told everyone they were free to leave when they wanted, but when if they tried, they would be reeducated and always come back.

But ultimately, most people at Pure were like her. They had no place to go, and Pure had become their home, their safe place where they knew they could survive. It felt like they had a debt to be owed.

'If they are fighting for freedom and equality, why are they so intent on keeping us all inside, locked away. I'd rather be out there doing what I want in danger of others then stay here. At least that's my own decision.'

Erin did not feel the same way as the others. Now that she knew Layla had broken off communication with Pure, there must have been a reason for it.

'Did something happen to her?' This was where her dilemma kicked in. The only people that were allowed to leave the Pure base, where Agents.

Numbered agents were those who worked outside of the base. The others would only be called upon when a big operation was taking place. And with not knowing where she was or how to get out of the base, it seemed like becoming an agent was her only way of finding out what was happening on the outside.

Knowing that she was unable to get her way out through complaining or asking, she worked her hardest learning what she could from them.

The test had started, and right now she was sitting at a single desk in a room with eight other people, including Bart, who she had a tough time sparing with the other day.

The exam had started with a bunch of multiple-choice questions, there were answers she wanted to put down and the answers they wanted, but she continued on putting on her own facade of being obedient.

The next test, several objects were placed in front of them, some of them Erin recognised from the military academy. They were to assemble and reassemble the components of equipment removing any trackers, recorders and so on. When putting them back together, they would be scored based on time and how well the piece looked when being placed back together.

After that test, there was another, a recording was played. The recording had several conversations going on at once. After the recording was finished, questions would be asked about a specific discussion. It was hard as they needed to listen to all of the conversation going on at the same time, and only extract the useful information.

With everything complete, it seemed like the test was over. Erin thought she had done pretty well, as she was most of the time, the first one to finish out of the lot. She tried her hardest at each one of the tasks and the others watching noticed it too.

Inside the room, there was a female examiner, and watching at the back, where four high numbered teachers.

This includes James, number 15, then the other teachers, 16, 17, and 18. They too had noticed how determined and focused Erin looked while completing her tasks, and they saw this as hunger to go up in their society.