Bite 369: Not Enough Credits

The advance crystals that had been given to Quinn, couldn't be used to get any of the items from his system shop. Usuelly the items that came from the systems shop were better quality and more powerful than the ones he could find online. The only downside was, many of the items required specific crystals for them to be created.

An example of this was the intermediate crystal Quinn owned, that could now be used to create two short swords for Vorden. Although, he didn't quite have the funds to make it for now, as it still required him to purchase two more intermediate crystals. He was already low on funds and didn't know how much a forger would charge him to create the advanced weapon.

This all put him in the situation he was in now, he had no choice but to head off in search for a forger. On the weekend, the school would set up a market stall inside one of the school's gyms. Here students were able to sell items they didn't need or items that they had made. This included beast equipment.

It was a good place for the forging students and the rich kids to sell of either thier old equipment they didn't need or just getting for getting thier name out there. There would also be a few beast crystals there but very rarely. Most of the time, beast crystals would just be sold on the online market place, because they already had a value attached to them.

The reason why forging students didn't do the same was because they were beginners. If a forger didn't belong to a faction or a good family, it meant they had no reputation. Next to no one would buy thier equipment online, only being able to view it through a computer screen. At least in the stall, the other students could test it out a few times or feel the quality of the item.

But looking for items on the market place wasn't a problem for Quinn, since he had his inspect skill. It would show him the stats of each item, and he could find the best one. This was what he had planned to do today.

He had entered the gym, and it seemed a little busier then he was expecting, as he heard the voices of people talking he soon realised why. Equipment here was sold at far lower price than on the online market, and you could haggle for prices.

'I hate haggling.' Quinn though realising that he would now have to go into one of these situations.

He quickly stood at the entrance and used his inspect skill, bringing up the stats of as many items as possible. Next, he would filter it down to those with an active skill, and finally, the best quality ones of the lot.

'I found you.' Quinn said as he walked over to one of the stalls. It was one of the more quieter ones, and while using his inspect skill, he realised why. The booth was selling only Basic tier equipment. It might have done well during the start of the year, but now towards the end, most students were looking for at least intermediate level gear.

[Inspect]

[Basic tier Spiked Boar spear]

[Strength + 2]

[Active skill]

[Barbed spear: When active, several quills of spikes will appear from the head as well as the body of the spear. These quills are just as sharp and do as much damage as the end of the spear.]

[Creator: Alex Way]

"Excuse me," Quinn said. "Did you make all of these?" pointing to the spears off to the side.

"Oh, a customer." The man behind the counter sprung up to live. "That's made by one of the top forgers in the school. It's really good quality and even has an active skill. It's going for the great price of 239 Credits, but for you, I can do it for 229 Credits."

"Yeah, it's great." Quinn laughed nervously, not knowing how to deal with the pushy student. "Do you know why he only creates basic tier weapons, do you not have anything at the higher level?" Quinn asked.