Unpaid tutor ✿(Namjoon/RM)

Y/n

I sighed for the 100th time today. My midterms were coming up and I've barely gotten any work done because of work. Balancing school and 12-hour shift is not quite easy.
I looked at the window and the weather was looking nice for a walk. I packed my books into my tot bag and headed to the library that was a few miles from where I resided.
The sun on my skin was refreshing, it felt amazing and I didn't want it to end but the library came in view a bit too quick. The library bell made a 'ding' sound as the door made contact with it. It smelled like old and fresh book in there. My favorite.
I wasted no time and walked to an empty seat , placing my bag on the table. It was just the peace and quiet I needed. In no time, I was into the book, solving away equations. The atmosphere did help a lot.
'Ding' the familiar sound of the library bell rang into my ears . A tall man with- I must admit - the most amazing looking hair I've ever seen. It looked fluffy too. He wore a pair of hoodie and sweatpants with a nose mask. He walked towards the counter, exchanging some words with kind librarian. He started walking in my direction, only then did i realize that I've been staring. We made eye contact but I broke it immediately and focused back on my book. Awkward . I peeped to look at the man but flinched when I saw him right in front of him,his nose mask down. He had a cute apologetic smile on his handsome face.
" Sorry about that,can I sit here?" he asked, politely.
" Uh,sure " I face palmed mentally at my plain response. It sounded rude. I apologized quickly for the tone I used ." I'm so sorry. Of course you can sit here"
"Thank you" He chuckled as he sat. Next to me. I cleared my throat and continued reading. I wasn't expecting him to seat so close but it's okay I guess. I had no problem with it , I'm just a no PDA kind of person. I let out an exasperated sigh and I struggled on the last question. Math isn't for me.
" You good?" The gorgeous man next to me asked.
" Nope,any chance you're a math genius?" I let out an awkward laugh, immediately regretting even talking. Now a conversation is going to sprung up but I don't mind,if it is with him. He seemed nice.
" Not really ,but I can try" he moved a little closer to help me. I watched as he turned the textbook towards himself.His eyes scanning through the question.
He looked up, seeming to have gotten an idea.
"So,here's how you do it"his voice snapped me out of trance. " You have to solve it simultaneously....." He continued.
I immediately lost focus as he explained further, taking my time to admire him. He had plump lips that made a little pout when he stopped talking. Weird but cute. His nose perfectly curved,his glasses resting on it. His jawline chiseled and his cheekbone prominent. He was beautiful.
" So that's how you do it " He finished explaining, looking at me for reassurance that I understood. He seemed to have noticed that I wasn't listening because he laughed a little looking at me.
" You weren't listening to me ,were you?" He questioned.
" I was..." I trailed off sounding extremely suspicious.
He strained his eyes at me and I gave up the act and then there was a moment of silent.
" You are really smart" He broke the silence, referring to the already solved questions in the book.
"uhn?" I asked even though I clearly heard the compliment ,my brain's just processing it slowly.
Before he could repeat his statement ,I replied "oh, Thank you" I smiled, my face a bit red.
He stared at me for a while and then smiled at me.
"what?" I asked. He shook his head
"You're just really pretty". He whispered
"Thank you" I blushed wildly, my face was probably beetroot red. I barely blush.He eyes grew as wide as saucers when he realized I heard.
" You heard?" He wondered.
"yeah" I laughed a bit.
" I didn't mean for it to come creepily, I'm sorry if you're offended" he rambled on as I laughed at his cuteness.
"Y/n" I introduced putting out an hand. "Namjoon" he replied taking my hand in his.
" Nice to meet you, namjoon"I stated smiling.
" You are really pretty" he said again with new found confidence, making me blush again.
He cleared his throat and sat up, slipping a piece of paper on the table.
" Maybe we could meet up for more math lessons?"he asked.
" Of course" I replied taking the paper off the table. He smiled, standing up. He made a call me sign , waving,as he strolled away.

------------------------+++------------------------------
Hi :-) - Wakeelah

Edited:24/03/24.