You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone

BRRRRRRRRRRRING

My alarm clock went off. 

I mumbled some death threats to the clock as I slapped the 'snooze' button. But I lost my balance and fell off the bed with a load THUMP. Blowng my hair out of my face, I looked around my new bedroom, hating everything about it.

"I want my old room back." I said out loud, "This place sucks."

My mom knocked on the door "Are you up?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I'm still sleeping."

I heard my mom sigh, and than say "Breakfast will be ready in half an hour"

I didn't bother to reply as I grabbed my clothes and headed towards my personal bathroom. I went in and slammed the door. I looked at myself in the mirror. 

Long brown hair, brown eyes, skinny. I was wearing my superman shirt and my gray sweatpants. And my necklace.

My necklace with my name on it.

How long ago was it, 4 months? 4 months ago since dad left us. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

~4 months ago~

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LINDSEY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" My family sang out. 

I was finally 17! This would be the best year of my life. My dad got a raise, we moved into a bigger house, my brother Adam and I finally stopped arguing and we got a dog! I would be so happy! If only......My dad hadn't gotten home yet. It was around 9 o'clock at night when mom decided that we wouldn't wait any longer to open my presents. So I opened them. I had just opened my first present, a necklace, when we got the call. THE call. The one that changed our lives forever. 

My father had been in a hit and run.

We rushed to the hospital without opening the rest of my presents. I didn't care about them. Only about my dad. We ran inside and ran into dad's room. And what we saw wasn't a pretty sight. His body was mangled in such a way that I threw up. My mom was crying her eyes out, and Adam was silent.  10 minutes later he breathed his last. And one week later we had his funeral. Just family. Adam, mom, and I. We didn't have any other family. We were all we had. No grandparents, no uncles or aunts. Nothing. 

And here we were. Cheshire, England. My mom had moved us. She said we would be better off here. And today was the first day for us to wake up in our new house. 

~Present~

I sighed as i let the necklace fall onto the counter. I looked at it and whispered "Why, why did you leave us?" 

13 minutes later after taking a shower and throwing some clothes on, I ran down the stairs 2 at a time and walked to the kitchen. Mom was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Hello Lins, finally up I see! Breakfast should be ready soon."

I grabbed an apple and replied "I won't be here, I'm going down to the park and i'm taking Major." Our German Sheppard dog looked up at his name. "Yes, you. Now come on." I grabbed his leash and hooked it to his collar.

 "Be safe, Lins!" mom yelled out as I walked out the door.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

I walked down the street feeling, horrible. I hated this place, why couldn't we go back to CA? 

Because mom doesn't want to stay where dad is.

I sighed out loud and didn't notice that I had walked into someone.