Chapter 3

Lindsey's P.O.V. 

"Thanks, Niall, for helping me up." I said trying not to look into his beautiful eyes. Which, by the way, were blue. Beautiful, beautiful blue! He smiled at me and said "Its my pleasure. Um, so what are you doing today? Maybe....we could hang out or something."

Hang out or something? By ourselves? I don't know...

He kept on talking "I have some friends who I'm in a band with. You should meet them!" 

Meet a real band? YES!

"That would be fun! What is your band name?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"One Direction." He replied.

I stood there, frozen. 

ONE DIRECTION? OH MY GOODNESS. WHY DIDN'T I RECOGNIZE HIM??? Everyone talks about them! I'm not that big of a fan though....

"SURE! I mean.." I blushed, "Sure. That would be ok. I just need to drop Major off at home" He smiled and started to walk with me back home. As soon as we got home, I took my keys out and opened the door. We walked inside, and than I took Major's leash off. "I'M HOME!" I screamed. No answer. I gave Niall a confused look and walked into the kitchen. No one. "Adam??" I shouted. Silence. "MOM????" Still silence. "Ugggh! You would think they would tell me where they are going!" I groaned. Niall shrugged, "You could ask your dad."

Dad......

~Flashback. 6 years ago~

"LINDSEY! Catch the ball!" Adam screamed. I pouted and said, "Don't tell me what to do!" Of course I let the ball fly right past me. I was to busy talking back to my brother. Adam let out a "UGGGGGGH. Your hopeless Lindsey! No one wants to play with you." He threw his baseball mitt down on the ground and stomped inside. "Well, at least I have friends." I shot back at his retreating back. 

Maybe he's right. Maybe I am hopeless.

As that thought settled in my mind, I let the bat fall down with a sigh.

 No one wants to play with me

I burst into tears and ran into my backyard. I climbed up the steps to the tree house and fell onto the floor. "I'm not hopeless!!!!" i whispered. I heard the car door slam, and I knew. Dad was home. Usually I would run down and go give him a giant hug. But not today. 

If i'm hopeless, they wont want me.

I cried some more, and than stood up. I slowly turned around, looking at the inside of the tree house. Memories were everywhere. The old couch that our cat had ripped up, the pirate's chest that held our blankets and pirate maps. The paintings we had drawn hung around the walls, held up by tape. the orange tree right next to us, so that we could pick oranges and eat them if we were hungry. 

Am I hopeless?

I heard someone coming up the steps so I dived onto the couch and pulled a blanket over me. 

"Lindsey?" My dad asked. I didn't answer. I was too ashamed to show my face. My dad sighed and pulled the blankets back. I stared at him, tears in my eyes....And I gulped out. "A-a-adam said I was hopeless." My dad  hugged me, "Your not hopeless! Your family and I love you!" he squeezed me tighter. "And you know, you have a big job! You look over your family for me, and you do a great job! Adam was just mad. Everyone gets mad and they say stuff that isn't true. Even though its the wrong thing to do." i looked up at him, "So I'm not hopeless?" My dad smiled "Not one bit." I got up and said "Thanks, daddy."

He replied "You're welcome, my little fairy!" I descended down the step ladder and ran inside the house. I scrunched my nose as I saw Adam at the kitchen table. My dad came up behind me, gave me a hug and said "I love you." I squealed in response and ran upstairs. And I didn't say I love you.