Chapter 20

Lindsey's P.O.V

"OH MY LORD" My aunt screamed through the phone. "WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?"

I sighed, "I'm in the park on 17th street. I have 3 other people with me so can you please come get us?" I heard her sob in response, "Yes, darling! Your mommy is coming!" 

I spat on the ground, "You're not my mom." There was silence on the other end. "You're my aunt. You lied to me." I snapped. "My whole life I never knew who my real mother was. And now Asma is gone." 

"She's gone?" She gasped. 

I broke. "YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE STUPID POLICEMEN DID? THEY DESTROYED OUR FAMILY. THEY SET THE WHOLE CAMP ON FIRE. AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU DECIDED TO SET THEM ON MY TRAIL? AREN'T YOU GLAD YOU LIED TO ME ALL THESE YEARS AND THIS HAD TO HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT?"

"Lindsey?" I heard Adam's voice. "Mom just thrust the phone into my hands and ran upstairs. Don't worry, Ron and I are coming to pick you up. How did you get here?"

I wrinkled my nose, "Ian Yrio's private helicopter...That we happened to steal..." 

I heard him burst out laughing, "Okay, we're on our way!" He hung up after that.

I put the phone back onto the receiver. Thank the Lord the government put a telephone box in the park. I smiled at Rayyah and Akila who were sitting on the grass shivering. Sterling was trying to climb a tree. I sat down next to the girls and said, "We'll be safe at my house." 

Rayyah put her hand on my shoulder and sighed, "Thank you so much, Amelia for the offer. But...we will feel out of place in your house. Akila and I don't belong here. We will go back home and find the Torelli's. They will help us."

I felt as if my stomach dropped, "What? But after all we've been through! You have to come with us, we can take care of you."

Akila interrupted, "Amelia. Sterling already agreed to fly us back." I glared at Sterling. "You are our family but we can't stay. We're gypsies. We travel from place to place while never staying in one. We love it that way." 

"But-" I tried to argue.

They stood up and helped me to my feet. They both hugged me tight and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I stood with tears in my eyes as they got into the helicopter. Sterling jumped down from the tree, yelled "BE RIGHT BACK" to me and climbed into the driver's seat. 

The engine roared to life and flew up into the sky. I waved until I could no longer see them. I collapsed onto the cold ground and sobbed. I felt someone touch my shoulder so I looked behind me to see Adam and Ron standing there. I slowly got up and stared at them for a second. "Hi." I mumbled. Adam opened his arms for a hug, but I ignored him. I walked to his truck and yanked the door open. I stopped in the process of getting in, and I looked up into the sky. "I'll never forget you." I whispered. 

HARRY'S P.O.V

I nervously paced back and forth in our yard. We were all standing outside waiting for Lindsey to arrive. Louis suggested a game of tag but we shot it down. He shrugged and started dancing with Kaiya again. The rain had stopped a few hours ago but it was still wet and cold. 

"What's that?" Liam asked. We all looked up into the sky from whence we heard an engine.

"HELICOPTER!! YAAAY!" Niall yelled out and started bouncing up and down. "Can you please be more serious?" Sofie snapped. Niall stopped jumping around and gave me a grin. I gave him one back and then kept my eyes peeled to the road. 

"Why don't we all go down the road to surprise them?" Zayn suggested. We all liked that idea. "Same thing as tag." Louis muttered under his breath. I smiled and playfully punched him. We all skipped down the road while Dejaney sang out, "WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD, THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ!" Zayn shyly smiled at her and that's when I realized...