Chapter 5

Louis' P.O.V

I stared out into the front yard, thinking about Kaiya. 

Should I ask her to the dance on Friday?? I'm not sure. I'll ask Lindsey when she comes back out

 I had expected Lindsey to stay in there forever. Harry had told me at the breakfast table that he was FINALLY going to ask her out. But apparently she had other plans....She ran out of the door with a scared look on her face.

Time to ask her now before she runs away.

"Should I-" I began 

"CANT-TALK-GOTTA-GO-BYE!" She screamed. She ran off to her house, just as Harry came bursting out of the door. I looked up at him, and noticed he was crying. "You ok, mate?" I asked. He shook his head and plopped down next to me on the stairs. "She left! She left before I could finish! I didn't get the chance to ask her!" he sobbed. "I'm sorry. Maybe you will get another chance.." I said, trying to make him feel better. He stood up and went back inside. I sighed and looked at a car parked in front of our house. It was dark green with tinted windows. 

That is strange...

I shrugged and took out my phone.

I'm going to do this. I'm going to ask her out......For once and for all. 

I found her name in my contacts, and pressed Send Message. "I'm going to do this. I, Louis Tomlinson will do this.." I stared at the blank message, waiting for the right words to come to my mind. I let out a shaky breathe and typed,

I was wondering if you would go with me to a dance on Friday??

Too bold? Gaaaah! I wish Lindsey would help me....

 "HEY YOU!" I quickly looked up to see a big, bulky, brown haired man get out of the car. "DO THE TORELLI'S LIVE HERE?" He shouted. I shook my head and pointed to the house next to me. "They live next door!" He nodded and walked up to their door. 

Well that was strange. Alright, now to press send...

It took me 5 trys to finally press the send button. I watched the screen as it said Sending Message...Sending Message... "COME ONNNN!" I groaned. Message Sent! "Finally!" I smiled and stared back out into the front yard. 

 Lindsey's P.O.V

I woke up and stared at the clock. 2:45 o'clock.

Has it really only been 45 minutes???

I slowly got out of bed, and stretched my arms. "LINDSEY!" I heard my mom whisper loudly from the stairs. "WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT COME DOWNSTAIRS! AND BE QUIET!" I stared at my door, mystified. 

What's going on??

Of course, being me, I did the opposite. I tiptoed down the stairs,  where I was able to see the front door without anyone seeing me. I felt something bump me, "GA-" I started to scream. Someone covered my mouth and whispered, "SHHH!" I looked up and saw Adam. I nodded and we both stared at the front door. 

"Is she here?" I heard someone say. I couldn't see him very well, but I could tell whoever he was, he was scary. "I-I-I don't know who you are talking about..." My mom replied. "WHERE IS EMILY?" He responded, a little bit louder. "I HAVE NO IDEA WHO EMILY IS!" My mom almost yelled. "Nancy, I swear if you did anything to her-" He threatened. My mom shook her head, "I-I-I don't know wh-who you are talking about...." Adam started down the stairs. "Adam! Where are you going?"  I hissed. He looked up at me and whispered back, "I have to protect the family. That is what dad said." Next thing I knew, I heard someone screaming, "WHERE IS SHE??" The strange man burst into the house, knocking my mom over. Adam stepped in front of the man and said, "EXCUSE ME, BUT YOU ARE BREAKING AND ENTER-" he didn't get any more words out because the man punched him in the face. Adam fell to the ground, blood running from his mouth. "ADAM!" I screamed. I bounded down the stairs and fell down to the ground next to him. "LINDSEY NO!" My mom yelled. I turned to look at her. She was lying on the ground. "EMILY!" The man shouted. He grabbed me, and started to pull me towards the door. I screeched "LET GO!" The man rolled his eyes and punched me. 

And I entered the darkness.