Chapter 4

Lindsey's P.O.V

Unknown Number

Erm, ok. That is strange.

Hey Lins...This is Harry, I kinda took your phone number when you dropped your phone earlier. Hope you don't mind??

I smiled to myself and rolled onto my back.. I did a little dance with my thumbs while wondering what to text back. Finally I decided on:

Hey Harry! Haha, I don't mind at all! Thanks for helping me last night....

Stupid, I know. But it was the only thing I could think of. I sighed with joy and got out of bed, feeling a little woozy. I went into my bathroom and like every day I looked into my mirror.

Well. There is me. Brown hair, brown eyes, disgusting figure, too tall.

I felt my phone vibrate in my jean's pocket. 

Jeans?? I must of falling asleep in my clothes.

I opened my phone and read:

It was the least I could do. I have to go, so text you later?

"You have to go already? Ugggh." I said out loud, and texted him back with a

Of course! Text you later!

I took a shower and got dressed and went back into my bedroom. I slowly looked around, suddenly not missing my old room. 

I didn't have Harry back in CA. Now I do.

I smiled, satisfied and ran down the stairs, 2 at a time. I walked into the kitchen and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek. "Morning Mom!" I said. She smiled, "Morning hun! So-" she said, turning around to face me, suddenly getting serious.

"You said you went to the park...AND WHEN I FOUND YOU, YOU WERE PASSED OUT IN A STRANGERS HOUSE!! -" 

Oops..

"-WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? JUST BECAUSE WE MOVED TO ENGLAND DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE NEW RULES. IF YOUR FATHER WAS HERE-" 

She stopped. Suddenly overwhelmed. She turned to face the counter and hung her head. I came up behind her and hugged her. "I'm sorry, mom. I didn't mean to. I got home and no one was around so I went to my friend's house. And if dad were here, we wouldn't even be here." I stopped, too choked up to continue. 

My mom shakily replied, "I forgive you. Just please tell me where you are next time."

I nodded, feeling horrible.

I can't stand this any more.

I ran outside into my backyard, and stared at the trees. I selected a random one and climbed it, all the way to the top. I sat there, on a large branch, with my legs dangling off. And than I remembered, 3 years ago, when I had done the same thing.

Flashback. 3 years ago

I sat on our big tree in our backyard. It was a beautiful tree, and had white flowers on it during the spring. 

"EARTH TO LINDSEY!" Someone called out.

I looked down and saw my bff, Dejanay. "HEY Dejaney!!!" I called out. She waved and climbed up the tree. It was our meeting spot, kind of like a secret club sort of thing. 

"OMG, DID YOU SEE THE NEW TAYLOR LAUTNER PICTURE??" She squealed.

Yep. First thing she says. Taylor Lautner!