9: I LOVE PETE WENTZ

"Hey..." the two had just stood there in silence for what felt like several minutes after Mikey had closed the kitchen door back behind him, thinking very little of the weird little punk boy who'd rang the doorbell and kissed his sister.

Of course, Gee knew that this absolutely wasn't the end of it, and that Mikey would absolutely be asking her every single question on the planet later, but Mikey was nice enough to know not to embarrass her when Frank was here.

"Hey..." Gee blushed a little as she copied Frank, the two kind of stood there in an odd kind of silence: Mikey's interruption having ruined any chance of natural response, leaving the two kind of stuck, kind of just there, kind of just waiting, and wondering what could become of what was definitely something.

"I'm sorry... I.." Frank was the first to break the magic of the moment and rush into a stupid, forced apology, only for Gee to reach out and hold his hand, because she too was at a loss for words then, and perhaps this would serve purpose for the time being: just the two of them, just then, just there, just each other.

"It's okay." She finally followed up her actions with somewhat of a conclusion, smiling at Frank as she did so, "you're not as much of a bad kisser as you look." She giggled a little, watching as Frank's cheeks seemed to burn up in embarrassment.

"I... shut up.. I..." He stumbled over his words, desperate to find something endearing, and poetic, and meaningful, something good enough for Gee, but with that smile, it was evident the aforementioned was unnecessary, and Frank began to think the unthinkable: that Gee Way may actually like the weird little emo transboy who had a horrible borderline obsession with her.

"Come on, let's go upstairs, so Mikey doesn't listen in again." She smiled at Frank one more time before making her way upstairs, leaving Frank to follow: still just a little unable to comprehend just exactly what was going, and why he hadn't been slapped across the face yet, because he'd quite honestly been half way expecting it.

Gee gestured to the bed where they'd sat just hours before as she closed her bedroom door behind them, and left Frank sat awkwardly, just like he had been before, glancing at the mess of cigarette ash he'd made on her wall, and feeling awfully guilty about the whole thing, "sorry, about the..." He gestured awkwardly at the wall.

"Yeah, whatever." She shook her head, grabbing a cup from her desk and handing it to Frank, "use this as an ashtray at least."

Frank looked down into the cup, chuckling to himself, as Gee sat down beside him, "do I not have to ask to smoke anymore?"

"I've given up, Frank, I'm just expecting it now. Or maybe you've just put me in a good mood for once, how about that?" She smiled, watching with a slight amusement as Frank lit himself a cigarette: the whole procedure memorised and she reckoned he could probably do the whole hand in pocket, open packet, grab cigarette, cigarette in mouth, packet back in pocket, lighter out of pocket, light cigarette, lighter back in pocket, cigarette in hand manoeuvre with his eyes closed.

"A good enough mood to ignore the impending doom of my cancer ridden future?" Frank asked, raising his eyebrows as he put the cigarette to his lips.

"Stop it." She bit her lip, shaking her head, "stop making me worried about you, because I do worry about you, Frank, you know? Like... you don't just smoke, you do everything, don't you? I'm worried about you and the drugs, really, can't you try to stop snorting coke, at least? That must be really bad for your health, like... dude."

"Didn't know I was speaking to my doctor." Frank let out a breathy little, half-hearted laugh, "look, I don't want to fuck things by getting into another argument with you - I get it, you're worried about me, you don't like that I do drugs, but that shit's addictive, okay? And it's not like I'm a complete junkie, okay? It's just... look, I'm sober now, aren't I? I'm fine, Gee, promise, but the moment you see me really fucked up, feel free to slap me until I sober up and demand I listen to you then."