14: Pete Just Loves Fucking Things In The Ass

"You're never going to shut up about her, are you?" Ray let out a sort of half-defeated sigh, looking at Frank with a half-hearted false kind of disgruntled look, because he could never really hate the guy, and quite honestly, it was all rather sweet, and he was just happy to see Frank happy about something, even if he never did seem to shut up about the aforementioned something.

The two boys found themselves sat on the roof of some guy's apartment block, which sounded obscure and unreasonable at first, but initially there'd be some sort of party involved - an invite from a friend of Ray's friend, and Frank had been free that night, and Ray thought fuck it, because his Netflix subscription had run out for this month, and he had approximately twenty cents in his bank account.

They could even hear the party from up here - it had been all too loud, full of rowdy assholes with too many drugs, well, it had been Ray that had complained about the excess of drugs, whereas Frank had just gone along with it, and taken the six pack of beer up to the roof with Ray, because he didn't need anything too illegal tonight, but more importantly, he just didn't want Ray to know.

It was already too much having Gee know, but Gee was biased to him, always seeing him in a good light due to their relationship, and how perfect she'd made Frank out to be in her head, whereas Ray was far less biased, and a much more down to Earth person, with a better sense of morals and common sense.

Fuck, Frank couldn't even imagine what Ray would say to him if he knew about, well fuck, even the personal connection he had with Freddie, his drug dealer, who he quite thankfully, hadn't spoken to in about a week now. Freddie wasn't a bad guy, bad things just seemed to follow in his shadow, and Frank didn't want to get caught up in a mess like that again, or at least he was trying this time.

Trying for Gee, mainly, because what one girl thought of him seemed to dictate his entire life and decisions, and dear god, he was such a fuckboy, but he'd never come to accept that, of course. He was probably the nicest fuckboy out there, though.

But there was no denying that Frank longed for more than the cigarette in his hand, the six pack of beer between them, the midnight air, Ray's pointless conversation, and the sounds of one fucking overdone party downstairs.

Frank didn't quite know what he wanted, he doubted he ever would, but at the back of his mind, hidden, but stepping out into the limelight only as Frank pondered upon it, there was this odd notion that whatever he wanted, Freddie could give him. And perhaps that was just the addictive side of Frank's head talking, fuck, Frank hoped it was, because as much as Freddie wasn't a bad guy, he still wasn't the kind of guy Frank wanted to be spending an abundance of time with.

Ray was probably his best bet for company besides Gee, and her parents were in all weekend, and they really would not like the idea of him at all, so he knew for really everyone's sake, he should just keep their conversations to text messages for a few days. Not that he didn't doubt that one day Mrs Way would go crazy enough to read through everything on Gee's cellphone, he was only so fucking glad he didn't have his girlfriend's parents at all.

Ray's parents were probably the best parents in the world, and they were definitely largely something to do with Ray turning out to be the amazingly decent human being he was. Frank did kind of wish he had two mums like Ray, or even two dads, or just queer parents at all, because they were most definitely so much more understanding than any other parents he'd met.

Ray's mums: Hailey and Rachel, had only been welcoming to Frank from the very moment he'd met them, acknowledging and respecting his gender, and Jesus Christ, they were just great parents in general, because Frank did not know anyone else in this world that would let their kid and his friend sleep over after coming in at something like three in the morning, vaguely drunk from a really dodgy party.