16: shit goes down down in an earlier round

Gee was stood in her front garden, leaning back against the porch fence as she remained fixated upon the street, her eyes lighting up a little as Frank came into view, but not by a significant amount at all; she was pissed off, and that wasn't going to be wished away by some boy with a pretty face, even if she wanted it to be.

Frank broke into a smile as he saw her, relieved that she hadn't started screaming at him within the instant, but she only nodded, not really bothering to return his smile as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

"You look really beautiful today." Frank added as he approached her, nervous to reach out and even hug her, because it was clear she wasn't in the best of moods, and it was even clearer than it was Frank to blame.

She blushed a little, truth be told, she couldn't stop herself, "yeah?" She raised her eyebrows, meeting Frank's gaze, "do I not look really beautiful all the time?"

"Oh for fuck's sake, Gee, you know that wasn't what I meant." Frank snapped, rolling his eyes and letting out a sigh, before reaching for a cigarette before he could think; the act of doing so practically second nature.

"Sorry, it's just that there's what you say and then what you mean." She continued, her tone laced with an odd kind of spite, "like when you said you'd meet me like half an hour ago. But that wasn't what you meant, was it?"

"Gee, I'm sorry. Something happened that I couldn't have known about, I had to do a favour for a friend and I didn't think it was going to take that long." He met her eyes with conviction, because technically he wasn't lying, he was just omitting a great deal of the details.

"What kind of favour?" She asked, her face lightening up a little.

"I owed a friend some money, and he needed it today instead of when I was going to give it him." Frank explained, again moving awkwardly around the subject of cocaine, and in turn, the bag of coke his- Ray's hoodie pocket.

"Could you not have texted me?" She raised her eyebrows, reaching out for Frank's hand, "I get worried about you, you know."

"I know." Frank nodded, smiling, because maybe he didn't deserve to be forgiven like that, but it wasn't like he was going to argue against it. "I'm sorry, I thought I'd make it on time."

"It's okay." She let out a sigh, "now come on, tell me about how beautiful I look today or were you just trying to get on my good side?"

"Shut up." Frank giggled a little, "red lipstick looks really good on you."

"I know," she smiled, "I was just feeling that punk rock aesthetic today and pink lipgloss just wasn't cutting it." She let out a sigh to express the tragedy, "you think I should wear it more often?"

"Fuck yeah." Frank nodded, "if you got a leather jacket and that lipstick, you'd look like you could kill a man."

"I'd look like Lindsey?" Gee raised her eyebrows, smiling a little, "I prefer the whole pink aesthetic, also like no one would see the brutal murder coming, so this is smarter."

"Please don't murder me." Frank added, laughing a little.

"Wouldn't dream of it." She leaned in, pressing a kiss to his lips, laughing as she pulled away. "you've got-"

"Knew it," Frank shook his head in disbelief, attempting to wipe his lips with the sleeve of Ray's hoodie, "fuck you and your lipstick," he let out a sigh, "are we going inside or?"

"My dad's home, so no. You do not want to meet my parents, we'll just go to the park, or whatever? If that's fine with you?" She asked, leaving Frank to nod in response as the two made their way down the street. "My dad's such a fucking idiot, it's like, I'm wearing lipstick and a skirt and he still wants to call me Gerard... doesn't make fucking sense."