Chapter 8:Artificial facade

(From the fraud of a god, all due to the path that we trod. This song is so good)

>>>Lorelai<<<

It all felt so wrong, Why did I say that, I would never say that to Leah, I thought to myself. I felt like I was in a prison, chained up and in solitary confinement. 

>>>Glitch<<<

"WHAT THE FUCK GLITCH?" Error yelled, slamming his fist into the wall, "I gave you one job!"

"Well I can't fully control what she does," I told him.

"Well why not? you could do it with Aella!" He asked.

I- I don't know! I promise it wasn't on purpose, I swear," I was close to tears.

Error seemed to notice and calmed down a bit, "Just, just bring her here," He told me, "Please," he added.

I nodded and walked away. When I entered her room I looked around for her. Luckily She was sitting on her bed, "Glory!" I called.

She looked at me and smile kindly, "Yes Glitch?" she asked.

"Error needs you," I told her softly.

"Okay," She smiled, and skipped out of her room.

I watched as she skipped down the halls, with pain in my heart. Error was never a calm person, always quick to anger. I slowly walked towards where Error was, just to make sure Glory would be okay. When I walked in, I was slightly shocked at how calm Error was while talking to Glory.

"Now little one," He started.

"My name is Glory," She told him.

He looked at me with confusion and mouthed, You named it?

I nodded a little embarrassed, but he went back to talking, "Well, Glory, remember those people you were supposed to get?" He asked.

"Of course, I told them I had there friend but they thought I was lying to them," She told him. 

"Well I want you to go out again, and don't come back till you have either the ginger or the boy, got it?" Error told Glory kindly.

"Yes sir!" She beamed, grabbing her scythe and running out.

"Really, Glory?" Error said, turning his head to me.

"Yes, really," I said staring him straight in the eyes.

"Whatever," He grabbed his staff and walked off.

>>>Glory<<<

I skipped out into the system again. Another mission for me! I walked around trying to find them. I kept looking around the shrines, but I couldn't find them. But I'm not messing up another mission. So I kept searching, and I still had no luck, until I found that Leah girl crying. She wasn't the one I was looking for but she was the only one there, so I went and talked to her.

"Hello," I said kindly.

"What do you want?" Leah asked.

"I just a few questions," I explained.

"Well go ahead," she said.

"Why were you crying?" I asked, sitting down next to her.

"Just... Sad," She said.

"Is that all?" I pushed.

"Yup..!" She put a thumbs up.

"Well, do you know where your friends are?" I asked, innocently.

That seemed to make her even more upset, "Yeah, over there," She pointed to her left, and I stood up.

"Thanks!" I said kindly, and ran off towards the others.

>>>Leah<<<

Why did that hurt so much, this girl wasn't Lorelai, so why was I so hurt when she didn't need me. I decided to follow her, maybe I could figure out what she wanted. So I followed her as quietly as I could, which was hard since lots of things kept catching my eyes. But soon she stopped when she found Kalley and Jeremiah.

"Hello you two," She said cheerfully.

"Christ, what now?" Kalley asked angrily.

"I need to take you guys to see Jennings, he misses you guy," She smiled.

"Bullshit," Jeremiah called out.

"What do you mean," Lorelai 2.0 asked, confusedly. 

"We aren't just gonna follow you because you "Have Jennings"" Jeremiah spat.

"But I swear I have him," She pleaded.

"Do you have proof," Kalley asked.

"Oh! Yes I do," Lorelai 2.0 waved her hand, then a glitchy screen appeared, with Jennings sitting down on the floor, writing something down.

I stared shocked, Jennings somehow looked so calm while being locked in a giant cage. I wondered what he was writing in, but I didn't want to get caught. Kalley looked baffled at what she was seeing, while Jeremiah looked pissed.

"You really think I'm gonna believe that?" He asked.

"How could you not," Lorelai 2.0 questioned, "It's definitive proof of where he is".

I just looked in shock. She truly did have Jennings.

"What on Earth," I muttered, causing the others to look over to me.

"What do you want," Lorelai 2.0 muttered.

"Why do you have Jennings? What do you needed him for?" I asked.

"Error needs him for his plan to succeed, with his smarts, nothing will go wrong," She said confidently.

"Who's Error?" Kalley asked.

"My boss," Lorelai 2.0 said.

"Can we meet him?" Kalley questioned

Of course, if you come with me," Lorelai 2.0 preposed.

Kalley looked at Jeremiah, then me, then back to Lorelai 2.0, "I'm not going," She said.

"I will, I want to give this man something to fear," Jeremiah said.

"Gladly," She smiled an opened a portal underneath him, causing him to fall.

"The hell," Kalley backed up.

Lorelai 2.0 then smiled kindly at me, before teleporting away.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I- I don't know," Kalley answered.

>>>Lorelai<<<

"What the hell," I muttered.

"Ugh, stop complaining," Glory mumbled.

"What? You're literally using me for your weird sadistic plan!" I spat.

"Me, Glitch, and Error are finally making you useful, so stop whining," She said.

"Making me useful?" I repeated.

"Yes, if it weren't for us you'd just be another person, we're giving you a purpose".

"By taking control of my body like I'm your puppet?" I questioned.

Glory just smiled and said, "Exactly".