The Knighting ceremony

That night, Gwyn sat in the limo Ambroseus arranged for her. She gently played with her hair as she felt something in her gut. Maybe her outfit was too tight? No it couldn't be that. But she did look at her outfit for the evening, hoping she wasn't over doing it. She was wearing a long, white form-fitting, sweetheart sholderless dress with a silver belt. A slit in the skirt that went to her knee showed off her silver heels, it's straps wrapping around her legs like vines. Her upper-thigh length silver hair gently curled, having small blue flowers in it. She had sapphire stud earrings in her ears and around her neck was a golden heart pendent necklace. With all the things she had in this world, which wasn't much, this necklace was her prized procession. Looking away from the pendent, She looked at the small screen in front of her, showing the live coverage of the knighting.

"Good evening, folks! We're coming to you live from the Glorodome. I'm Nate Knight"

"I'm Alamzapam Davis."

"And tonight'sthe night we knight the knights! Ain't that right, Pam?"

"It sure is, Nate, but this is the most controversial knighting ceremony in a thousand years."

"We can feel the excitement and the tension! Tonight, tradition will be cast aside and the kingdom will be changed forever because of one man."

"Ballister. The street kid with the impossible dream of becoming a knight."

Then a video starts playing. A young kid with a bit of a messy appearance and long black hair jumped over a fence into a cadet training area and tackled a dummie. He tore its head off.

"I'm here to slay monsters and protect our kingdom!" He said before he was tackled by multiple knights.

"Ouch" Gwyn cringed as she watched.

"Impossible, that is, until the Queen herself made a shocking decision."

The director handed young Ballister a sword as Gwyn smiled. He looks at the sword in amazement as the queen rose her hand up so she could speak.

"No, he doesn't come from a noble bloodline..." she kneels down and looks young Ballister in the eye. "...but he might just have the heart of a hero."

The reporters back then went nuts, scaring the child as the Queen comforted him. Then a video of him all grown up started playing as Pam continued.

"And Ballister made most of that chance, graduating top of his institute class. A class that includes non other then..."

"Ambroseus Goldenloin! Direct descendant of Gloreth herself, and most anticipated knight of a generation!"

The tv shows Ambroseus in his white and gold armor as Gwyn swooned a little. She had to admit, he was hot when he was in his armor.

"With Ballister joining the ranks, for the first time in history, our safety will be put in the hands of a commoner."

"I don't feel safe."

"It's not what Gloreth wanted."

"So tonight, only one question remains. Will the kingdom accept this knight who might not be right?"

She sighed, hoping the best for her friend.
    Meanwhile, at the Glorodome, Ballister sat on the catwalk, looking at the huge screen that showed his face on it. The word "worthy?" was underneath it. A mixture of worry and sadness rested on his face as he looked at the entrance of the arena. Exiting the limo, he saw Gwyn walk out, looking amazing as always. As he watched her talk to the reporters to get his mind of everything, he hears Ambroseus's voice.