The great escape

Ballister is shoved into a cell while Gwyn was tossed in. Upon arrival, they were immediately captured. Ballister used the wall to make sure he didn't fall, Gwyn fell harshly on her injured side.

"Murderers" A guard who locked the cell door muttered.

"Wanna get lunch?" The other guard asked.

"Yeah! I love lunch" the other pipped up happily.

They left as Ballister glared in their direction.

"You had to take the arm, huh?" He yelled.

"There's a thing call "chilvery" you know!" Gwyn yelled as she stood up.

She scoffed at their behavior before a voice they both recognize spoke up.

"Ballister? Gwyneth?" The director asked as she walked to their cell.

"We're innocent, I swear on Gloreth's name. Please" Ballister pleaded as he rushes to the bars, causing her to back away.

"I don't know how it...." he sees her reaction and starts to talk slower. "How it happened."

Clutching her staff in her fists, she sighs.

"We all saw how it happened. I feel so foolish....I trusted you. Our queen believed in you" she said as Ballister shrinks at the words of his mentor.

"She thought someone like you could be a hero. And it cost her her life."

She starts to leave but Gwyn didn't want to give up.

"Director, please listen. You know we love the Queen. We love the institute. Talk to Goldenloin. Can I talk to Ambroseus?" She asked.

The director winched at her question as she looked at Ballister's robotic arm next to her sword.

"He is heartbroken, as the rest of this kingdom." She turns to face them. "You two won't be talking to anyone anymore."

"Please. Please, just listen to us" Ballister pleaded.

"No. I won't make that mistake again" she said in a soft yet cold voice.

She didn't even give a final glance as the door closes. The light fades as it's replaced by a faint red glow.

"But we didn't do this!" Ballister yelled before he backs into a wall and slides down and sit on the seat.

He looks at Gwyn as she slowly slides down onto her knees and still held onto the bars of the cell. He felt his heart break as he looked over her appearance. The guards who caught them didn't seem to care if she was a woman because they handled her rougher then they did him. Her hair was a little messy and her dress had dirt stains on it. Her forearms had sighs of bruising where they held her. He heard her start sobbing quietly as she lightly shook. He wanted to help her but he honestly didn't know how. He was never good with people and he felt he'd made her feel worse. Both fell into their own despair, failing to notice his robotic arm moving towards him.

"I told you."

"Oh good gloreth!" He yelled.

Ballister shoots up from the jump scare, scaring Gwyn too. They both see Nimona sitting next to Ballister, looking at the ground.

"Hey bosses."

"How did you-?" Gwyn started to as when she was interrupted.

"Did I know this was gonna happen? Because once everyone sees you as a villain, that's what you are. They only see you one way, no matter how hard you try" she explained, making Gwyn begin to think that something happened to her to make her be the way she was.