Meeting Brooke & Zeke

21 years later...

Weeks after Nimora came back, the group of friends walked to the Starlight amphitheater that was in a small town just outside the wall. Gwyn had previously went there and quickly became friends with the owner and got them great seats for their upcoming play.

"Why are we doing this, again?" Nimona asked, annoyed by the fact that their going to see a "boring" play.

"Ninny, I just wanted all of us to enjoy something that didn't involve weapons or anything blowing up. Besides you're gonna enjoy yourself" Gwyn told her with a smile, interlocking her fingers with Ambroseus's.

"That and we need to kill some time before tonight" the blonde added.

"What's so important about tonight?" Ballister asked.

"Well, every 100 years, the night sky is painted with beautiful, colorful lights. But with the kingdom's lights, no one could see them. But now with the wall down, we get to" Gwyn explained, excitement glittering in her eyes.

Ballister hummed in reply, happy to see her happy again. Ambroseus was happy to see her old self back too. She was so depressed over the time Nimona was gone that he worried that she might try something that she would regret. But, luckily, that wasn't the case. Now she was going out more and making new friends. Two that they were going to meet now. He smiled before kissing the temple of her head, earning a blushed smile in response.

🐾🌺🐾

Once they arrived, Zeke immediately welcomed them in.

"Gwyn! It's so good to see you!" He happily told her, giving her a big hug.

"It's good to see you too, Zeke! Where's Brooke?"

"She's inside. Here, I take you guys to her" Zeke told them before he practically dragged them inside.

Once inside, they immediately went into the main theater, seeing the beautiful stage.

"Whoa!" Nimona's eyes widened as she looked around.

"See? I told you that you were going to enjoy yourself" Gwyn told her, ruffling her hair before she saw Brooke on the stage, quietly rehearsing lines.

"Ey, Brooke!" Zeke called out to the brunette, getting her attention.

She looked up from her script and looked at the walkway. Once her eyes landed on the silverette, a huge smile crossed her face.

"Are my eyes deceiving me? Is that- Gwyn!" She said before she hopped off the stage and ran over to Gwyn to give her a hug.

"Brooke! It's so good to see you again! You look amazing!" Gwyn told her before she pulled away.

"Thank you. So this must be the famous Ambroseus I've heard so much about" the brunette said, motioning to Ambroseus.

"Yeah. And this is my wonderful niece Nimona and that's Ballister. Guys, meet my good friend and owner of the Starlight amphitheater: Brooke Everly"

"Hey" Nimona greeted with a nod.

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Miss, Everly" Ballister said, taking her hand with his robotic one and placing a kiss on her knuckles, causing her to blush a little.

Gwyn and Ambroseus looked at eachother with a knowing look and smirked. Nimona cleared her throat.

"So this is some theater you got" she said.

"Thank you. It's been in my family for 40 generations."

"Yeah. And this place is the only reason I haven't left to join the peace corps. It's almost....magical somehow" Zeke added, sitting in one of the many seats in the front row.

"That's nice. So what play are you working on?" Ambroseus asked, sitting down as well.

"Ohhh, it's one of my personal favorites. Phantom of the opera" Brooke replied happily, a glimmer in her walnut eyes.

Gwyn's smile fell as she sat next to her boyfriend.

"I haven't heard of that one" she admitted.

"Neither have I" Zeke added.

Brooke looked at him, a surprised look on her face.

"You don't know what the play is and you got the male lead?!" She asked, still in disbelief.

He simpily shrugged. She groaned before she got an idea. She got back on stage as Nimona and Ballister sat down next to Zeke.

"Then I better tell you" Brooke said with a smile.