Backstory

As the train went along the tracks, Nimona happily ate her pizza as Gwyn looked out the window. She hardly noticed anything around her, only focusing on the blurring colors outside.

"Gwyn?" Ballister asked, not getting her attention at first.

"Gwyn!" He spoke louder, making her head snap over to look at him.

"Hm? Oh! Sorry. I guess I spaced out. Anyway, what is it, Bal?" She asked.

He looked at her, a little worried.

"Are you okay?"

She slowly nodded. Nimona raised an eyebrow before taking another bite off her pizza.

"Gwyn, you know you could talk to me" he told her.

"Yeah, I know....that's the 199th time you told me that" she pointed out.

"You keep count?"

"Yep. Me and Todd have this thing going on. Whenever you tell me "you know that you could talk to me" and it gets over a hundred, he pays me. Like when it hits 200, he'll give me 200 dollars" she explained, popping the "p."

Ballister sighed as he ran his hand down his face as Nimona laughed. Gwyn let out a light chuckle at her friend as well. Then Nimona patted her arm.

"So, you said that you went outside of the wall, when did that happen?"

"I was wondering about that too. What did you do?" Ballister asked as the silverette took a deep breath.

"Actually....I'm from outside the wall" she told them, uneasily.

"What?" Ballister questioned, his eyes wide.

"Really? Then where did you come from? And how did you get inside?" Nimona asked, now slowly eating her pizza, waiting for the tea to be spilled.

Gwyn sighed as she took off her hood and her hair out of a bun.

"Okay, let me start at the beginning."

🐾🌺🐾

Amid all the trees, in a warm and tranquil sunlight, a gentle summer breeze swept through Nibel. Although the sight was serene and pleasant, some might believe it was nothing more then a dream. A 19-year old Gwyn sat on a blossoming log nearby the river.

She felt the oak underneath her fingers, the grass beneath her feet as well as feel the sun upon her face, the blazing summer heat. She could smell a storm on the horizon, the moisture in the air, although she couldn't see the clouds, she could sense it there.

You see, I grew up in Shallow' nest, a small area in the middle of the giant forest of Nibel.

Even though it was me, my mom, and my little brother: Ori living in the middle of nowhere, I always dreamed of seeing what was outside of the forest walls.

So with my mother's permission, I left in search of something new.

After a long week of traveling, she arrived outside of the wall.

Once I arrived outside of the wall, I wondered what was inside of it. So I found a opening that was big enough for me to slip through.

She finds a hole in the wall. It was huge but it big enough for her to slip through. Once inside, she was immediately welcomed by the incredible sights of the kingdom.

My first few days in the kingdom involved mostly staying in the forest and constant ear pain. But then Mrs. Wigglesworth found me and helped me out. Gave me food, water, new clothes, a job, and a place to stay. Then I met Ambroseus and then you guys.

Her memory then shows her meeting Ambroseus in the coffeehouse.

🐾🌺🐾

The 19 year old her faded away, showing the now 21 year old. She brushed her hair back as she looked out the window again.

"Wow..." Nimona breathed out before digging into her pizza again.

The knight looked at her, concern shimmered in his eyes.

"Does....does Ambroseus know?" He asked.

"Of course not. But I was planning on telling him after the ceremony but....you know how that went" she replied, small droplets of tears glimmered in the corners of her silver eyes.

"You know, one of my biggest fears right now is that once this is all over and I tell him.....he won't love me anymore."

Ballister gently patted her shoulder.

"That won't happen. He cares for you more then life itself. Even though your from outside the wall, that doesn't make you a monster" he told her before she pulled away from his hand and looked out the window.

"Maybe it does...." she replied quietly before she closed her eyes, falling asleep not long after.