The story of the Phantom

"Ok. Put on your listening ears for five minutes. Got them on?" Brooke asked before Zeke nodded.

"Good. Now listen."

Long ago, there lived a man, his name was Carlo and he ran an ancient theater where his daughter was the star. With me?

"Karla's the star, yeah" Zeke said.

"No!"

His daughter's name is Esmeralda and she's famous. People come to hear her sing from near and far.

"Got it."

"Good."

Now there's a rumor going round that in the tunnels underground there lives-

"Wait! I know! Can I guess?" Zeke asked, interrupting her.

"Sure, if you can" Brooke told him, rolling her eyes.

"A mysterious phantom! Me! Right?" He guessed, pointing at himself.

"Right. Well, mostly-"

But the twist is that this ghostly evil presence isn't monster, but man. Now, this man had been blessed with a gift he possessed; musical talents completely unmatched. But, as you often will find in epic tales of this kind, this gift came with a curse attached. A face that was hideous and so jarring, he wore a mask to cover all the scarring.

"Cool!"

And lived underground inside a hole.

"A hole? Why a hole?" Zeke asked before Ballister lightly smacked his arm to make him shut up.

All his life he'd been tortured, teased, and taunted but now his hunters would become the hunted. The world that always made him feel unwanted would hear the toll. The sounds of a tortured soul.

"Ok, so I was born with a lightning scar, got it" he told her.

"No. No. Your typical everyday scar" she corrected as Gwyn facepalmed.

"Ohh, Scar like Lion king" Zeke said, causing everyone to glare at him.

"You know, you are actually the worst. Listen up, your gonna need to know this" Brooke told him.

One day at his piano, distant sounds of a soprano drifted towards him from the theater above.

"K, so this hole has a piano?"

Sweeter then a bird, in all his life he'd never heard a sound like this and he was instantly in love. The voice, of course was Carlos' daughter and the phantom went and sought her to become his secret student and his muse. And if you think she found this oh-so-enigmatic virtuoso kinda creepy, then I got some shocking news. Because she fell, and fell hard. He was battered and scarred, but she could see that inside there was more. Something alluring she'd find in the sadness behind that terrifying mask he wore.