Breaking point

Nimona took Gwyn's advice and ran. She ran through the fence, panting. She then took the form of a wolf, knocking over a pile of rocks doing so. But she didn't notice. She continued to run. Sticks and branches hit her skin, the grass, dirt, and gravel crushed underneath her paws. But she didn't feel or hear any of that. All she could feel and hear was the pounding of her own heart. Then she stopped, recognizing this one spot. A well, overgrown with barren vines. She backed up before turning into the little girl version of herself.

"No...." she gasped as memories started replaying in her mind.

🐾🌺🐾

-1,0000 years earlier-

A bird happily sat on a branch, singing. Then,  Nimona in her bird form, joined it. They interacted for a moment before the other bird flew away. She only shrugged, not thinking much about it.

...

As a fish, Nimona swam through the water. When she saw a school of fish nearby. But once she went up to them, they quickly swam away.

...

Now a pink deer, she ran through the forest, joining other deer as she did. But they all ran away. She looked at the ground in disappointment. No matter what form she took, she was accepted by any of the animals. Suddenly, she heard something; causing her to look ahead. She walked towards the edge of the forest and saw the well. Then she saw a little girl walk to the well, carrying a bucket with her. With a turn of her head, she swiftly took off the scarf on her head, revealing her long, blonde hair. She jumped onto the well wall and picked up a few small stones from the ground. Nimona turned into a little girl as she quietly watched the girl. The blonde tossed a stone towards a hallowed tree trunk, cheering as the rock landed inside of it. She then threw another one, but missed and it landed nearby the bushes Nimona hid behind. The blonde girl went and picked up the rock, only to see a pair of eyes looking back at her. Instead of being scared, the girl smiled and grabbed Nimona's hand, bringing her into the light. She then handed her a rock and explained the game she was playing. Nimona then gave it a go. She threw the rock, only for it to land at her feet. Over time, the two girls grew closer as friends as they did everything together. Running through the village, walking through the woods, jumping from rock to rock nearby the river, play fighting with a wooden sword and branch, and slept underneath a tree as it rained. One day, the blonde girl tried to grab an apple but she fell to the ground, unable to reach it. Nimona looked at the apple before placing the bucket she was holding on the ground. She quickly shifted into a bird, grabbed the apple, turned back to normal, and safely landed on the ground. The apple landed in her hands and she happily offered it to her friend. The blonde hesitated as she stood up and looked back at the village, slowly backing away. Nimona looked down in sadness because she saw a pair of hands taking the apple. She looked up and her friend smiled at her. So happy to finally be accepted, Nimona leapt in the air, transforming into pink smoke.

...

Running through the wide fields, Nimona in the form of a horse carrying her friend as she cheered happily.

...

They walked through the forest, Nimona as a otter as they talked.

...

She turned into a gorilla and the two happily swung through the trees.

...

They rolled down a hill, her as an armadillo.

...

One night, Nimona as a wolf, the two howled at the moon. Sharing a look, they begun laughing and laid on the ground on their backs. Nimona turned into a little girl again and briefly looked at the blonde with a smile on her face before looking up at the stars.

...

Then, one evening, Nimona was a bear and the two girls were playing until someone pulled the blonde girl away. Confused, Nimona sat up, seeing the scared expression on everyone's faces as they gathered torches. Quickly turning back into her normal form, she tried to show them that she wasn't dangerous and didn't mean any harm. The villagers gasped at her trasformation.

"Stay back!" Someone said as they began surrounding the girl.

"No! Stop! Stop! She's my friend!" The blonde haired girl called out, trying to help the pinkette.

Her mother then made her face her.

"She's a monster" her mother told her.

She looked over at her friend as the villagers began to poke different weapons at Nimona, shoving rakes in front of her.

"Surround it!"

🐾🌺🐾

Nimona started panicking as she remembered this. It honestly felt like she was going through it all over again.

🐾🌺🐾

Someone kicked her back, causing her to fall on the ground. She quickly turned into a cat and tried to get away. But she was blocked by more rakes and torches. She then turned into a wolf and growled at those attacking her.She then transformed into a horse, then a bear when someone threw at torch at her, hitting her back. It burned her but also bounced off of her and landing on the ground nearby a haystack, causing a huge fire.

"Fire! Fire!" Someone yelled.

Nimona continued to defend herself, turning into different animals before she turned back into a girl. She say her friend and smiled.

"Gloreth."

"Gloreth! Come here!" Her parents called out to her. 

"Gloreth-"

Child Gloreth slowly picked up her sword and pointed it at the young shapeshifter.

"Go back to the shadows from whence you came" she ordered her.

🐾🌺🐾

Nimona looked at the statue of the friend that betrayed her. Not being able to hold back her emotions any longer, she fell to her knees and began sobbing. After a few moments, she looked at the sword of the statue, all of pain and hatred she had for years finally started to show.

What are you?

A monster.

Are you even human?

Just be a girl.

There is no place for you!

Don't lie to me!

She's a monster!

Don't you wish you were normal?

Go back to the shadows from whence you came.

Suddenly, black smoke started emerging from her body. Her eyes turned pure white before she let out a monstrous scream.

Monster!

You know what you are.