Chapter three

As they walked back towards the house, Isabella felt a sense of gratitude towards Rosalie. Despite their initial differences, Rosalie had shown her unwavering support and protection, taking on a maternal role that Isabella had never experienced before.

"Thank you, Rose," Isabella said softly, glancing up at her companion. "For everything."

Rosalie smiled warmly, her gaze softening as she looked down at Isabella. "You're welcome, sweetheart," she replied, her voice gentle. "You're part of this family now, and I'll always be here for you."

Isabella nodded, feeling a sense of warmth and belonging wash over her. With Rosalie by her side, she knew that she had a strong support system to lean on, no matter what challenges came their way.

Together, they continued towards the house, their bond stronger than ever as they faced whatever the future held for them as a family.

As they made their way into the house, Isabella went straight to find Bella. She stood, and listened outside the room, as Carlisle explained whom her father was to Bella, as well as the rest of her old coven.

Isabella stood outside the room, her heart heavy with the weight of the truth being revealed to Bella. She listened quietly as Carlisle explained the complicated dynamics of Bella's past, including the identity of her father and the history of her old coven.

As she heard Bella's shocked and emotional reactions from inside the room, Isabella felt a pang of sympathy for her friend. She knew all too well the feeling of having one's world turned upside down by unexpected revelations.

After a moment, Isabella gently pushed the door open and stepped into the room, offering Bella a reassuring smile. "Hey, Bella," she said softly, approaching her friend. "I'm here if you need someone to talk to. I am also sorry about earlier..."

"I am also sorry about earlier," she spoke, the second part as if shame had overtaken her. She moved to sit by Bella on the medical table, and looked up at the painting of the Voltori and Carlisle.

Bella turned to Isabella, her expression a mixture of surprise and understanding. "It's okay, Isabella," she replied, reaching out to squeeze her hand in a gesture of reassurance. "I know you didn't mean to react like that. We're all still adjusting to everything."

Isabella nodded, grateful for Bella's understanding. She glanced up at the painting on the wall, feeling a sense of nostalgia mixed with trepidation. The image of the Volturi brought back memories of her past life and the complex web of relationships she had left behind.

"We'll get through this together," Bella said, her voice filled with determination.

Isabella smiled faintly, feeling a sense of camaraderie with Bella. "Yeah," she agreed softly. "Together."

As Edward took Bella home. The day continued as usual, and the day after had as well. On the 16th of September, Carlisle pulled Isabella to the side, and handed her a suitcase. Looking at her, he sighed.

"I've already called Charlie. I told him that you needed a place to stay... we are going out of the country, and I need you to stay with her," he spoke, and as that hit Isabella, her heart shattered into a million pieces.

Isabella's eyes widened with surprise and concern as Carlisle spoke. The weight of his words settled heavily on her shoulders, and she felt a lump form in her throat. "But... Carlisle, I can't just leave..." she started, her voice wavering with emotion.

Carlisle placed a comforting hand on her shoulder, his expression gentle but firm. "Isabella, Bella needs you right now. You're family, and family takes care of each other," he said reassuringly. "I know this isn't easy, but it's what's best for both of you."

Isabella swallowed hard, blinking back tears as she nodded in understanding. "Okay," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "I'll do it."

Carlisle gave her a grateful smile, squeezing her shoulder gently. "Thank you, Isabella. I know you'll take care of her."

With a heavy heart, Isabella watched as Carlisle left the room, leaving her alone with her thoughts. She knew she had a difficult road ahead, but for Bella's sake, she would do whatever it took to support her friend.

As Isabella packed her bag, each item she placed inside felt like a weight on her chest. The tears flowed freely now, blurring her vision as she struggled to make sense of the situation. She couldn't shake the feeling of guilt and worry that gnawed at her insides.

Questions swirled in her mind like a storm: Why were they leaving? Was it because of what happened earlier? Did they still trust her? Would they ever come back?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. Esme entered, her expression one of concern and compassion. She crossed the room to where Isabella sat, offering a comforting embrace.

"Isabella, sweetheart, are you okay?" Esme asked gently, brushing a stray tear from Isabella's cheek.

Isabella shook her head, unable to find the words to express the tumult of emotions inside her. "I don't know," she whispered hoarsely. "I just... I feel like I've messed everything up."

Esme pulled Isabella into her arms, holding her close. "Oh, darling, it's not your fault," she murmured soothingly. "Sometimes life throws us unexpected challenges, but we face them together, as a family."

Isabella clung to Esme, finding solace in her comforting presence. For now, she would focus on supporting Bella and holding onto hope that things would eventually be okay.

As Isabella sat behind the wheel of the Volkswagen Passat, she felt a mix of emotions swirling inside her. Gratitude for the car, a symbol of Carlisle's care and thoughtfulness, mingled with sadness at the prospect of being separated from her newfound family.

Esme stood by the car, offering a reassuring smile. "Take care, Isabella," she said softly, her voice tinged with warmth and affection. "We'll miss you, but we'll always be here for you."

Tears welled up in Isabella's eyes as she looked at Esme, feeling overwhelmed by the depth of their bond. "Thank you, Esme," she managed to choke out, her voice thick with emotion. "For everything."

With a final hug, Isabella started the car and pulled out of the driveway, her heart heavy with the weight of leaving behind the only home she had ever known. As she drove away, she promised herself that she would do whatever it took to find her way back to her family, no matter where the road ahead might lead.