Chapter 9

As they reached the house, Isabella breathing hard as she had held Bella on her back. She placed her on her feet once they were on the front porch. As they enter, both girls out of breath.

"Bella? Izzy? What's wrong?" Charlie had asked, moving to the girls. Isabella shook her head, but Bella had to catch her breath.

Isabella exchanged a knowing glance with Harry, silently conveying her concern. Despite her efforts to reassure Bella and Charlie, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered after their encounter with Laurent and the wolves.

Harry's expression mirrored her own apprehension, and they shared a silent agreement to remain vigilant. Isabella knew that they needed to stay on guard, especially with the looming threat of Victoria and the vengeful vampires still lurking in the shadows.

As Isabella moved away from the three, she sped to the reservation. Her heart pounded as she ran straight to Sam and Emily's house. Only Emily had been home, the rest probably still hunting Laurant.

"Where are they! Charlie is getting people together to hunt them! Sam and Embry... and the rest..." she pleaded as she moved paced the room. Emily placed a hand on her shoulder.

Emily's touch offered a brief moment of solace to Isabella, but her worry remained palpable. As she paced the room, her thoughts raced with concern for Bella's safety and the looming threat posed by Laurent and Victoria.

"I don't know where they are," Emily said softly, her voice laced with sympathy. "But we'll find them. The pack will do everything we can to protect you and Bella."

Isabella nodded, her anxiety still evident in her tense posture. She knew that time was of the essence, and she couldn't shake the feeling that danger was closing in on them.

"I think Bella's gonna find out... she went to see Jacob. I just," she spoke, as she sat down on the sofa with her head in her hands. Isabella could feel her stomach turning.

Emily's expression softened even further, understanding the weight of Isabella's words. She moved to sit beside her, offering a comforting presence.

"We'll deal with whatever comes our way," Emily reassured her, placing a hand on Isabella's back. "You've been through so much already, but you're strong, Isabella. And we're all here for you."

Isabella nodded, grateful for Emily's support, but the uncertainty still lingered in her mind. She couldn't shake the feeling that their lives were about to become even more complicated.

An hour or so, the pack piled in. Embry made his way to Isabella, as the rest piled in following behind him. Isabella had looked pissed as she crossed her arms.

"I could have handled Laurant... I could have compelled him to leave us be," Isabella spoke, low enough for just Embry to hear.

Embry placed a gentle hand on Isabella's shoulder, offering her a reassuring squeeze. "I know you could have, but sometimes it's not just about what you can do. It's about what's safest for everyone," he murmured softly.

Isabella nodded, though her frustration was evident in her expression. She understood the necessity of caution, but it didn't make it any easier to accept. Embry squeezed her shoulder again, silently offering his support as they faced the uncertain future together.

Leaning into his touch, she sighed. "She knows, and now we are going to have to keep something else from Charlie..." she spoke, with a sigh. "But I am still half vampire. I can handle a lot. Also I am a hell of a lot older than all of you." She spoke with a small sigh. "I love you, and you know I worry about you. I worry about all of the pack."

Embry nodded, understanding the weight of Isabella's words. "I know you do, Izzy, and we appreciate it. But sometimes we gotta look out for you too," he said gently, his eyes reflecting his concern for her.

"I love you too, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe," he added, his voice filled with determination. They may face challenges ahead, but they would face them together, as they always had.

Kissing him, she stood up. "I love you, and I mean it. Seriously, if you ever do anything like that again. I will literally be on your heals for as many years as we are together." She paused, looking at each member. She stopped at Jacob. "And I will kill you if you hurt Bella like they did. Like they hurt me! Do you understand me Jacob Black?"

Embry nodded solemnly, understanding the seriousness of Isabella's words. "I promise, I won't do anything like that again without talking to you first," he assured her, his gaze unwavering. He knew the depth of her love and her determination to protect those she cared about.

Turning to Jacob, Isabella's eyes held a fierce intensity. "You better believe it," Jacob replied, meeting her gaze. He understood the weight of his actions and the consequences if he ever caused harm to Bella.

Turning back to Embry, she hugged him. "I-" she paused as she smelt the rain on each member. "Need a ride to Bella's."

Embry returned the hug tightly, feeling her tension slowly dissipating. "Of course, let's go," he said, understanding that Isabella needed to be there for Bella in this tumultuous time. They left the pack meeting together, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead. As Isabella made it to the Swan home, she went in and up to Bella's room. She quickly changed into her pajamas, and laid on the bed. Isabella lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling, lost in her thoughts. She couldn't shake off the events of the day, especially the encounter with Laurent and the looming threat of Victoria. As she waited for Bella to return, she hoped they could find some solace in each other's company.