Chapter four

Pulling into the driveway of Officer Swans house was strange. As she noticed that some of the pack had been there. Embry stood, as if watching for someone. When Isabella pulled in, she shut her car off, and went straight to him.

Embry's expression softened as Isabella approached, concern evident in his eyes. "Hey, Izzy," he greeted her, his voice gentle. "Are you okay? I heard about what happened with Bella."

Isabella nodded, trying to suppress the turmoil of emotions swirling inside her. "Yeah, I'm okay," she replied, her voice tinged with sadness. "It's just been a lot to process."

Embry reached out to gently touch her arm, offering her silent support. "I'm here for you, always," he said softly, his gaze unwavering. "Whatever you need, I'll be here."

Isabella felt a surge of gratitude for Embry's steadfast presence, a reminder that she wasn't alone in facing life's challenges. Taking a deep breath, she allowed herself to lean into his comforting touch, finding solace in the strength of their bond.

Isabella's heart clenched at the sight of Bella in Sam's arms, her friend appearing vulnerable and fragile in sleep. She felt a surge of protectiveness wash over her, wishing she could shield Bella from any harm.

Charlie approached, his expression weary yet filled with concern as he took Bella from Sam. "Thanks, Sam," he murmured, his voice tinged with gratitude.

Sam nodded in acknowledgment before turning his attention to Isabella and Embry. "Everything okay here?" he asked, his tone gentle yet probing.

Isabella forced a small smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Yeah, we're okay," she replied, her voice laced with uncertainty.

Embry stepped forward, his presence reassuring beside her. "We just wanted to make sure Bella got home safely," he explained, his voice steady.

Sam nodded, a knowing look passing between them. "Take care, both of you," he said before turning and disappearing back into the woods.

Isabella watched him go, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside her. She knew that the challenges they faced were far from over, but with Embry by her side and the support of her newfound family, she felt a glimmer of hope that they could weather whatever storms lay ahead.

Isabella followed Charlie in, not even grabbing her bag out of the car. Embry was right on their heels. Turning, Isabella placed a hand on Embrys shoulder. "I am fine. I want to talk to Bella... go to your pack, I'll be over later," she spoke, before kissing him.

Embry nodded, understanding in his eyes as he squeezed Isabella's hand gently. "Okay, I'll see you later," he said softly before turning and heading back to where the pack waited.

Isabella watched him go for a moment, feeling a pang of longing as she wished she could stay with him. But she knew she needed to be there for Bella, especially after everything that had happened.

Turning back to the house, Isabella followed Charlie inside, her heart heavy with worry for her friend. She knew she needed to be strong for Bella, to offer her support and comfort in whatever way she could.

As Charlie carried Bella up to her room, Isabella followed like a lost dog. Bella looked as bad as Isabella felt. Once in her room, Charlie left the two girls alone.

Isabella took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation ahead. She approached Bella slowly, her heart aching for her friend's pain. Sitting beside Bella on the bed, Isabella reached out to gently touch her hand.

"Bella," Isabella began softly, her voice filled with concern. "Are you okay? What happened?" She waited, giving Bella the space to share whatever she felt comfortable with.

"He left," was all Bella managed, as she pulled her knees to her chest. Isabella moved to lay beside her and hold her. This is what family does, family isn't blood. To Isabella anyway.

Isabella wrapped her arms around Bella, offering comfort in the form of a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry, Bella," Isabella murmured, her voice filled with empathy. "But you're not alone. I'm here for you, okay? We'll get through this together." She held Bella close, offering her silent support and understanding in that moment of vulnerability.

The two girls fell asleep, Bella now in a sort of Zombie like state. Isabella instantly awoke to Bella's screams, as did Charlie who rushed into the room.

Isabella's eyes snapped open at the sound of Bella's screams, her heart pounding with fear. She quickly reached out to comfort Bella, gently shaking her awake. "Bella, wake up, it's just a nightmare," Isabella murmured soothingly, her voice filled with concern. She held Bella close, offering reassurance and comfort as Charlie rushed into the room.