𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

The drive there was fairly fast and we had almost twenty minutes to spare. "We're here too early." I spoke but she only shook her head grabbing a present from the back and I raised my brows "it's Jamie's birthday. That's why we were both invited...." My lips parted eyes widening Anna laughing,

"Don't worry. Here." She then shoved a smaller wrapped present into my hands winking at me as relief wrapped around me. Thank fuck.

I then got out of the car with her walking with her towards the front door, the door being opened by the familiar dirty blonde who quickly pulled Anna into his embrace hugging her for a little too long before his eyes turned to me and he smiled, genuinely,

"Didn't think you'd come, pearson. But glad to see you here." He spoke and without even hesitating he pulled me in for a hug,

"Anna persuaded me. But c'mon.. how could I not come see the birthday boy." I smile awkwardly before holding the present out for him to take his baby blues smiling as he smiled taking the present from me "well nonetheless- glad you could make it. And thank you, Amber. I appreciate it."

He was way different without all his friends around... he was kind. Real. Genuine. How strange... "c'mon let's go into the living room. We can watch a movie before the others arrive. Would you girls like a drink?"

A while passed before eventually more people were filing in, I remained sat on the sofa drink of Pepsi in my hand as I took occasional nervous sips. Anna had been whisked away by Jamie and I was certain they were creating slight banging noises from upstairs... and well... that said something didn't it?

I grimaced just at the thought before shaking my head clearing my throat before I decided to stand up, the living room becoming a major crowded area and so I quickly left the area standing just in the doorway to the kitchen my fingers grasping onto my Pepsi tighter as I took more sips from it. I exhaled softly leaning into the doorway slightly my brows creasing as I stared at a mixture of young adults and what looked to be literal 13 year olds dancing together... what the fuck? That's kind of creepy... is it not? And just straight up weird however that became the least of my worries as I suddenly felt a rather warm presence behind me my stomach fluttering anxiously,

"Excuse me"

I quickly turn around expecting a teenager only to come face to face with dad- like material. Old enough to be a dad... he wasn't a teenager. My mouth was working faster than my brain as I only managed to stammer over a word before finally backing up "I'm so sorry..."

I smile nervously the man had piercing green eyes. Beautiful chestnut brown hair that had slight curls to it on the top and a beautiful smile that showed two pretty dimples. Tattoos were layered up and down his skin, a butterfly one seeming to be on his chest from what I could see. He wore a loose fitting shirt that was unbuttoned at the top revealing some of his toned chest. He was... god like.

"No need to apologise, love." He assured with a smile as he went to walk past me before he stopped looking back at me "you look a bit young to be here..."

He spoke some sort of amusement in his eyes not revealing whether he was toying with me or being genuine "I'm nineteen, sir." I speak politely "you look a bit old to be here." I soon retort as he doesn't respond, instead only raising a brow as if pushing the idea of me telling little white lies to him. "Call me Harry."

"You look a bit old to be here, Harry." I rephrase

His eyes glinted with amusement before he cleared his throat "got off work... decided to come have some fun."

"What do you do for work?" I ask noticing the palpable tension that was between us. It only seemed to be growing more intense as the seconds went by.

"Surgeon"

He spoke simple and I raised my brows "like plastic surgery? Butt lifts and-"

"No." His words were light and airy as he laughed shaking his head "reconstruction surgery."

"Reconstruction?"

He nods to confirm my question "say someone gets into an accident or— a kid falls off their bike let's say he wasn't wearing any protective gear apart from a helmet. No sleeves. No knee pads... no nothing... if he hits the road and skids down it his skin is either going to be red and sore or his skin is going to be torn off. There's no exact way we can put that dirty infected and broken skin back onto him so we have to reconstruct the skin somehow..."

My brows raise in interest "so like take it from somewhere less obvious? The leg.. or something?" I speak and he nods taking a sip of the beverage in his ring covered hand,

"Yeah. I mean my job is to simply make the skin look top condition... in the end it doesn't matter where the skin comes from. If it can stretch far enough to cover the wound then you know... it's good enough."

I hum in response clearly rather interested before I smile "that's interesting..." I study him carefully

"I didn't think a surgeons "thing" was parties..." I soon murmur

"There's a lot of things you don't think, love. If I remind you quickly we've only just met..." his emerald eyes twinkled with amusement brows raised as he smirked.

My cheeks immediately flush red and I stare at him slightly dumbfounded a nervous smile forming on my face "sorry" I giggle out Harry only shaking his head as he smiled "I'm just kidding. But you're right... parties aren't places surgeons often involve themselves with.. me particularly" he admitted and just as I was about to say something, a different voice cut mine off—

"Hey dad can we order pizza?"

My eyes immediately move to the voice. Jamie.

My heart immediately stops in my chest...

Jamie's dad was Harry. Oh my god.