𝗦𝗜𝗫

𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑯𝑺 𝑳𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹

"Anna I told you I'll be fine. You go be with your boyfriend and I'll go to work... I'm earning money now and I'm happy I'm doing that."

I speak to her over the phone hearing her sigh in defeat

"Alright but.. just call me if you need anything."

"Of course. Always. I love you." I speak smiling softly hearing her respond back,

"Love you more!"

Before the line went dead. I exhaled and pocketed my phone before grabbing my backpack. It was dark outside from it still being winter but I didn't mind one bit... I liked the dark it comforted me. Truly.

I then slowly exited my home locking the front door and checking the handle before making my way down the street. I shoved my hands into my pocket as I walked silently and quietly but remaining quick to make sure I wouldn't be late to work.

I walked for about twenty minutes before I saw the familiar town centre come into view, it was empty for a Wednesday night but it made sense- it was a school night... but still strange enough but I just hoped this meant that the shop wouldn't be that busy tonight.

As I continued walking I suddenly heard a screech. A woman screaming for help before she was silenced... my heart plummeted directly into my stomach and I swallowed harshly. What the fuck? I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear as I shook it off continuing to walk hoping and praying it was a fox... they sound human like, right?

I exhaled shakily going to put my earbud in to play some music to sooth myself only to hear another scream begging for help along with a harsh male voice... or two male voices? I wasn't sure. I felt my stomach churn in discomfort. Was she about to be raped? Or killed? What the fuck.

I had to help her right? I had to do something. I started walking towards the alleyway where the shouting was coming from- it wasn't necessary an alleyway more-so and apartment complex driveway that was abandoned. It pretty big but also small. I got closer and closer before pausing staring straight ahead at five tall men dressed in all black, towering over a terrified girl. She looked be no older than 22 maybe.

"Please I need to get to work"

Her voice was frail and my brows furrowed before eventually locking onto the shirt she wore frightfully similar to mine. Identical even.

Barney's

My stomach twisted harshly she must be the new employee that had been hired. My hands shakily reached for my phone which I pulled out silently immediately flicking on my camera pointing my phone directly at the scene before me- I was no match against five men and I knew that damn right so take a video... run... then call the police.

My hands trembled as I heard the girl beg for mercy over and over again before I quickly ended up hitting the record button only for my worst nightmare to unfold in front of me...

My front cameras flash, flashed on- lighting up the five men and the petrified girl- mascara now running down her cheeks. My breath hitched as all heads turned to look at me "HELP!!" The girl screamed at me making me flinch, the man holding her shoved her back against the wall an ear piercing 'crunch' being heard as she suddenly collapsed onto the floor... they had purposely made her hit her head so she was knocked unconscious.

The shadows hid me as I shakily backed up, frozen in fear, my feet barely being able to move- my mouth dry as a bone. "Get her in the van" a terrifyingly familiar voice spoke, two of the five men grabbing the girls body hauling her up into their arms as the other man began walking straight towards me, face hidden in the shadows and then and there my fight or flight kicked in... I was not being fucking kidnapped today. No fucking way. Hell no.

And so I without even thinking sprinted off in the direction towards my work. It was five minutes away... if I ran faster I could make it turn into 4 minutes... they won't catch me- right?

I heard quick footsteps behind me, yet they weren't as fast as I was going- almost as if they were mocking me... making sure I knew that they intended on capturing me one way or another.

My breathing was heavy as I sprinted down the street, all shops shut or closed completely giving me no where to go... no where to run to... yet I continued running- soon taking a sharp right into the empty shopping centre sprinting through the building, grateful I had chosen good footwear today... with actual grip.

I ran and ran until I was at the other exit at the side of the building attempting to push it open but it wouldn't budge... I looked down at the handle my eyes widening... a chain. On all the doors. I had trapped myself. I felt my heart race viciously in my chest as the footsteps behind me echoed around- growing closer and closer to me... mocking me... making fun of me. I was panting, struggling to breathe properly but that didn't stop me from slamming my body into the door repeatedly, attempting to escape... but there was no where to go. No where to run to. I had practically sealed my own fate at this point.

Suddenly the footsteps stopped right behind me, I felt the same warmth tingle across my back that I did at the party my eyes filled with fear "turn around."

The voice was cold and unpleasant yet sounded so heavenly all at once. I knew the voice but didn't want to believe it. "I won't ask you again. Turn. Around."

My hands trembled as I slowly turned around, feeling defeated, my eyes filled with terror as I slowly locked eyes with the man my eyes widening in pure fright, it was who I thought it was yet I didn't want to believe it. A sly smirk was on his lips as he stared at me with cold malicious eyes.

"Oh Amber Amber Amber...."

He tsked shaking his head his cold green eyes watching mine carefully "we're not "good" anymore, Amber."