𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

The silence continues to engulf the car even as we drive along the long and winding roads back to my home, my fingers continuously fidget Harry not saying anything whatsoever, staying deathly silent his grip on the steering wheel however not loosening whatsoever.

I soon see my neighbourhood come into view and feeling relief slowly wrap around me as I let out a shaky breath watching as he pulled out just outside of my home, but before I could even make a break for it he had locked the doors- a firm click of the doors locking embracing the silence...

I glance at Harry worry evident in my eyes his green eyes searching my face "I apologise for speaking to you in that manner... truly Amber. I'm sorry. Divorce is just difficult sometimes." He spoke and I nod, noting the sometimes had he been through divorce before?

I lick over my lips as I glance down only to feel his hand come into contact with my shoulder which he gave a small squeeze too...

"I'm sorry."

I slowly glance at him my eyes still clouded with worry before I eventually let out a soft sigh "it's okay. I'm sorry too... I was prying too much. I apologise sir." I murmur without even thinking and Harry forced a small smile "you're a sweet girl."

Another silence soon wraps around us before he unlocks the car again "I'll see you in." He spoke, getting out of his car and walking me all the way to my front door. I turned around to face him, forcing a little smile "thank you..." I speak tenderly before unlocking my front door and walking in, "we good?" I question watching him nod as he smiled "we're good." He assured. I don't know why I needed to hear him say that but maybe I just wanted a good reliable relationship with the class clowns father... I gave him a little wave before shutting the door in his face seeing his shadow remain behind the door for a few minutes afterwards before it got more and more distant before disappearing...

What the hell just happened?

—————————————

A/N Sorry for the short chapter! In the next chapter things will start to get interesting (;