𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

"Amber!"

"Amber are you there?!"

"Amber!!"

My brows furrowed and I opened my eyes confused expecting to see someone but no one was there.

"Amber! Are you really that deep of a sleeper?"

"Hello?"

"Finally. My god I've been trying to wake you up for ages... are you okay? I heard them yelling yesterday and I can only assume the new girl caused some issues."

The way this person spoke about it was honestly disturbing.

"Don't worry. I was once in that position."

She laughed quietly and I furrowed my brows "who are you?" I asked quietly.

"Jess"

"How long have you been here for, Jess?"

"Nearly a year."

My stomach churned, eyes widening in fright.

"Is there anyone else here?"

"There was. I think Melissa is still here..."

A pause happened before

"MEL!!"

Was yelled. But instead of an answer that was only distant murmuring, soon turning into singing but I couldn't decipher it.

"She's lost her mind..."

My eyes filled with sadness and I glanced down. Was that going to happen to me?

I hoped not.

I wasn't sure how long passed... but I kept myself busy by reading magazines and other things that had been left in the room. It made me sick to the stomach just thinking how many other girls had been in here. I had gone back and forth between reading and sleeping so had lost complete track of time.

"Jess"

I soon spoke, thumb propping open the particular page I was reading to not lose my spot.

"I don't know whether you can hear me but... they got so mad because I fitted myself into the dumb waiter and sent them on a wild goose chase. They couldn't find me for like fifty minutes."

I didn't think she was there until I heard a very quiet and out of it laugh "no wayyyy.. what idiots."

"Tell me about it." I murmur softly not hearing her say anything back and so I sigh quietly.

"Amber"

I glanced at the wall "yeah?"

"We'll get out of here right?"

The pause that was thick in the air made my breath tremble slightly but I was nodding until I realised she couldn't see me. "Yes. Even if it gets me killed... I'm going to get you and Melissa out of here."

"It's nice to meet someone who hasn't lost hope..." she murmured and I smiled feeling tears prick my vision slightly "we'll get out of this together Jess. I promise." I spoke, only hearing a muffled sound from her. She sounded injured— had she been hurt?

"Did they hurt you?"

I soon asked but I was fairly sure the silence was enough of an answer.

"What happened Jess?"

I asked worriedly my heart throbbing in my chest.

"He took my ass."

What.

My lips parted in shock my brows furrowing slightly "who?"

"Harry."

My stomach twisted sharply

"Like- like sexua—" "no."

I gulped heavily my breath shaking my hands trembling trying to think straight...

"Literally."

A weak laugh left Jess's lips and my stomach dropped before the conversation Harry and I had at Jamie's home reminded me... oh. My. God.

~

"Surgeon"

He spoke simply and I raised my brows "like plastic surgery? Butt lifts and-"

"No." His words were light and airy as he laughed shaking his head "reconstruction surgery."

"Reconstruction?"

He nods to confirm my question.

~

"He gave me an epidural. I didn't feel it but I was awake.... It was as my punishment for trying to kill him..."

My mouth was wide open in shock mouth once again bone dry as my hands trembled slightly but before I could even say anything else the sound of footsteps coming down grabbed my attention and I quickly laid down attempting to act asleep. I heard the footsteps pass by my cell and into the other one, lock unlocking before the door was pulled open.

"How are you?"

Harry's voice was cold yet assertive. Jess's voice however couldn't be heard, most likely because she wasn't saying anything, the only sound that was visible was Harry's voice and the way he sighed—

"I see. You're still mad. Jessica you've got to loosen up a bit. C'mon."

Was he serious? What an absolute asshole.

I remain still listening him talking to her but soon enough- surprisingly I find myself struggling to stay awake, listening to his voice— soothing and calming. My breathing grows calmer as I began sinking into the mattress his voice fading into nothingness as I fell into a deep sleep. I felt awful for Jess and wanted to give her a hug but I knew that was going to be impossible... never would that be allowed. Never.