Jealousy-Aventurine x reader fluff

Words:3602

Requested by @sleepylxv_nd_r

You can't deny that Aventurine is one handsome and charismatic man. He's the center of attention whenever he's around. Whether it's on the job, in those fancy parties, or even at the casino playing cards, everyone's eyeing on him.

His natural charm draws eyes everywhere. When he smiles, he captures hearts, including yours. You can't help but feel a little jealous when you see him with other women. But you also can't deny the twinkle in his eyes whenever he looks at you.

You were ready to confess to him that day.

But when you arrived to the cafe, you found him already having lunch with another woman.

Aventurine sat with his arm around her; she wore a huge smile on her gorgeous face as he whispered something in her ear. They were too distracted in deep conversation when they didn't even notice your presence. She laughed at his joke, her teeth bright and bright red lips shining.

You couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy when you saw her sitting next to him, her hand playfully resting on his.

You wanted to confront them and ask who she was, but your voice died in your throat when you noticed them sharing their desserts. They were so close, you could see the light brush of his fingers when he cut a piece out of that cream tart for her, and her leaning forward to eat out of his hands.

The woman must be lucky, you thought, the way Aventurine is making her laugh. And the way she's eating out of his hands. If you were her, that would be you.

The two of them were so engrossed in the dessert they didn't notice how you stayed frozen at the entrance, watching the two of them. How could he give his attention to such a beautiful woman? Why wouldn't he notice you? Why didn't he take you out to eat instead? Why did he prefer spending the lunch with her?

As the seconds ticked, one question raced through your mind: Why would he treat her better than you?

But your disappointment was cut short when he turned his head to notice you at the entrance. And the sudden smile he flashed when he saw you, his arm pulling the other woman away from him.

Was she really his gambling partner? You watched how they both laughed as she shook her head in denial.

"This is... she's here to... she's just..." he began, stuttering, searching for the right word to describe her presence to you.

"My... my gambling sister partner from the casino last night when I won big," he continued, a chuckle escaping his mouth. "But I'm sure my sister partner would not mind letting her brother have a word with his coworker."

He led the woman away, still laughing as she protested in mock disappointment that she'd be let go without receiving a kiss goodbye from her partner in crime.